Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #683 (permalink)
Rush
Turn Out The Lights

Location: Don't act like its a bad thing to fall in love with me
Rush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on repRush whored out on rep
Default Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Wake me up when November ends :'()

Aquilani cost far more than 5 million pounds. Rafa isn't the greatest manager transfer wise, but he's not too bad. Just happens that the mistake of pissing off Xabi and "replacing" him with Aqua was catastrophic. Under Rafa we finished 5th (but won the CL), 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd. Sold Alonso, finished 7th and we haven't recovered. Obviously not helped by Kenny blowing a lot of the money we had from FSG on utter shite. Carroll, Downing, Adam, and to a lesser extent Hendo (b/c i still have some hope for him ) was a huge waste of money. Look at Newcastle, we funded their rise last year. Cabaye, Ba, Cisse all bought or paid for (Ba was a free) from the money we handed over for that numpty Carroll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
AVB had us hovering around 4th spot. Roberto Di Matteo has us hovering around 1st spot.

Yes, AVB got us through to the knockout stages. That's something he has over the man who actually won the competition for us I guess

My excuse for not getting out of the group? Not good enough this year. Tactically, RDM did not get it wrong. He just didn't have a Drogba this year. Tactically, AVB got it wrong consistently. And never thought he was wrong, thus never learned.

I was prepared to give RDM time, because of his achievements last season and what he showed he was building towards this season.

All AVB showed me last year was that he was a stubborn, impatient fool.
Not good enough? Cmon, your squad this year is far better than your squad last year that won you the damn thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Chelsea did the wrong thing by firing AVB. I just think he cops a lot of undeserved criticism from the whole thing. Yes his tactics were just plain wrong on occasion (and still remains wrong at Spurs), and yes, trying to dump out all the older players at once was dumb but he really didn't do too poorly. Its not like he started to drive you into the ground like Hodgson, King Kenny and to a lesser extent Rafa did.

Bigger loss for Chelsea isn't RDM though, i heard Eva was leaving as well. Huge loss to the club but on the plus side, less stoppages for groin injuries