• Meisha Tate

Votes: 58 59.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMA Discussion Thread

247K views 6K replies 249 participants last post by  InTheAirTonight 
#1 ·
Amazing new and fresh MMA thread.

Walls loves Faber or something like that.

MMA needs more roundhouses.

#1,481 ·
Just watched the JDS/Cain fight. WOW did Cain look impressive. Total mauling. Of course, got tired towards the end, but that's understandable. JDS got almost zero offense in. Apparently broke his jaw too. Fucking ouch. Never underestimated JDS, but I knew in the back of my mind that Cain had the ability to do what he did tonight and thats exactly what he did. Cain Velasquez is a MONSTER. Hopin' for my man to hold the belt for a LONG time but Overeem might be a challenge. JDS will come back stronger too obviously, so it'll probably give us an awesome trilogy at the end.

Nice way to end 2012. Cain Velasquez retaining what's rightfully his :D

What were the FOTN, SOTN, and KOTN?

#1,483 ·
Looks like Belcher and Boetsch got their hype train derailed tonight. I like Belcher and think he's badass especially after that impressive win of Palhares, but Okami is a tougher at 185. That's a fucking hard gatekeeper to get through.

Always thought Boetsch was overrated honestly. Miller/Lauzon was fucking awesome. Was pulling for Lauzon, but I like Miller as well. Great fight (Y)

#1,498 ·
He may have underestimated Cain and looked like he was holding his previous 64 second victory over him too much to his heart. Even in the pre-fight press conference, he said "This is not a rematch for me, this is a rematch for Cain". That might've fucked him up big time. You don't take Mr. Velasquez lightly, because if you do you get fucked. Cain did what he had to do and kept on the pressure, which may have surprised Junior. JDS will be rebounding like a beast though. Can't wait to see him next (Y)

Still, when Velasquez/JDS III comes around, I'll be picking Cain again.

#1,499 ·
Drove me nuts when they started to boo JDS after the fight, what fucking idiots.

Cain is a fucking destroyer. I'll never not pick him again, that's for sure. His pace for a HW is incredible. I could tell he was getting tired though. JDS is a beast for hanging in there but you could tell during the fight he was like "What the fuck?". He got completely destroyed. Cain/JDS 3 is going to be insane.

Miller/Lauzon was fucking crazy, as expected. Lauzon is a savage for taking all that and Miller looked fantastic. Both would get destroyed by Bendo though.

Costa/Tim was interesting, that fight couldn't have gone worse for Tim. Broke his hand, got that headbutt that busted him open so he couldn't see and then the eye poke.

Anderson signed a 10 fight deal with the UFC. Oshit. Looks like 9 other people are going to get fucked up. I say 9 because I'm pretty positive one of those fights will be Jones and Jones will smash him.

#1,500 ·
Dude is going to be 46 when he retires if he keeps his one fight a year ways. Only interesting fights for me with him are Jones and Weidman IMO. Matchups with Bisping and GSP elicit no interest in me.

Those fans last night were bipolar. The very first round they chant "Cigano" loudley and then boo the fuck out of him during his post fight interview. Cunts everywhere. Can't wait until Joe rants about it in his next podcast.

#1,502 ·
Joe is going to kick up a storm on his podcast, can't wait for that.

On the subject of Silva vs GSP though, that fight excites me due to when I first got in to MMA around late '06, them two had just won their titles and I always wondered what would happen with them two and it's been the fight I've wanted to see for 6 years now, even if Jones/Silva may be the better fight.

I am going to UFC 157 here in Anaheim. I don't mind the women's title fight in the main event, I just want the card to stay intact.
Have a good one lad, best feeling ever being at a live UFC and the place is rocking.

#1,501 ·
Retards booing JDS really pissed me off, especially when all them fuckers booing couldn't take a single punch from Cain, let alone the barrage that JDS did.

I felt bad for Boetsch, he would have easily won that fight if he didn't break his hand in the first round.

Miller/Lauzon was fantastic, the LW division has the best talent in the UFC. So many matchups to look forward to. Not to mention that Dana White said that Melendez is likely to get an automatic title shot.

Todd Duffee looked super sloppy, but his power is immense. If he can harness his power and tighten up defensively, he has the potential to be a top contender.

I am going to UFC 157 here in Anaheim. I don't mind the women's title fight in the main event, I just want the card to stay intact.

#1,503 ·
Lucky Myers getting to (hopefully) see Hendo knock the fuck out of Machida.

I do wonder who Anderson will fight in 2013 though. GSP looks like he doesn't want any part of him for a while, and he'll be pre occupied with Diaz and the Ellenberger/Hendricks winner in 2013. Jones may get him after going through Chael. Maybe Weidman. Most likely Bisping if he beats Belfort though. 2013 seems to be an interesting year for alot of divisions (Y)

#1,505 ·
Fucking audience were shit last night. JDS is the man with a lot of heart and hung in there til the final bell and he was showered with boos. Fucking drunken retards.

The card was okay, the main event and co-main saved the PPV and a few prelim fights were good but the rest was terrible in my opinion. You can't expect to have a fantastic card all the time though, you're going to have some good cards and terrible cards just like with any sport. The three events before this one were fucking incredible so it was bound to come. It was an okay card though.

JDS surprised the shit out of me, he gassed in like 3 minutes. His TDD was on point half way into that first round and he had Cain flopping to the floor trying to grab ankles and shit and then he just gassed. I couldn't believe it. Credit to Cain though, he was the better fighter that night and he deserved it. JDS will be back a better man, just like Cain came back better than their first showing.

Lauzon/Miller was an incredible fight. Both are warriors and really enjoyed their determination and heart. This must be Lauzon's like 10th post fight award now?

The card was okay. A few great fights. Happy new year everyone, see you all in 2013. Have a banger!

#1,508 ·
Lauzon/Miller was an incredible fight. Both are warriors and really enjoyed their determination and heart. This must be Lauzon's like 10th post fight award now?
he's got 12, tied with Anderson as the most in the UFC. All of his losses in the UFC have been given FotN bonuses except the Pettis loss (which got Pettis the KotN).

Lauzon needed 40 stiches after the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.