Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

330K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#648 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Wake me up when November ends :'()

Chelsea Football Club can confirm Rafael Benitez has been appointed interim first-team manager until the end of the season.

The owner and the Board believe that in Benitez we have a manager with significant experience at the highest level of football, who can come in and immediately help deliver our objectives.

The 52-year-old Spaniard is due to meet the players at the training ground in Cobham tomorrow.

The two-time UEFA Manager of the Year comes with outstanding pedigree. He began his managerial career in his homeland, most notably at Valencia where he built a reputation as one of Europe's top coaches by winning the Spanish League twice and the UEFA Cup. He then spent six years at Liverpool and led them to their fifth European Cup and an FA Cup.
How long till Roman gets bored of him then?

#650 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Wake me up when November ends :'()

Let the fun begin!

Come on Rafa!

#652 ·

Just so everyone knows ^^, I don't support Liverpool.

#658 · (Edited)

Seen a lot of Chelsea fans fuming already at the decision. He's going to cop a lot of shite from fans regardless of results and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the hardcore don't bother with games as long as he's there. I know a Villa fan who went around the country with them who didn't go to a single game whilst McLeish was in charge because of the Birmingham connection and his utter hatred for him as a manager.

#665 ·

Seen a lot of Chelsea fans fuming already at the decision. He's going to cop a lot of shite from fans regardless of results and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the hardcore don't bother with games as long as he's there. I know a Villa fan who went around the country with them who didn't go to a single game whilst McLeish was in charge because of the Birmingham connection and his utter hatred for him as a manager.
It was a similar situation to us. Until the last few weeks or so Rovers just hasn't felt like the same club I've been going to for what will be 21 years on New Years Day with the way the owners have disillusioned all the fans, and then there's Kean.

From what went from being a well run local family club to a complete chicken farm, the fans love for the club was just sucked out of us knowing what was going to happen, and then it happened and we were relegated. Attendances dropped by 10k but at least now under Berg we have a manager who doesn't kiss the owners' arses, swallow & repeat their ludicrous statements, make excuses & take non-existent positives for blatantly awful performances and describe being relegated as 'exciting times'.

Finally there's a feel good factor back around the club like there was with Villa when McLeish left.

#670 ·

I actually think Rafa is a decent manager, but him being at Chelsea seems like a pretty poor fit in all honesty. I'm pretty sure Chelsea hate them man from his time with Liverpool and his fierce rivalry with Mourinho. And apparently Abramovich is desperate for Chelsea to play like Barcelona, and while Rafa may be Spanish, he isn't exactly known for beautiful flowing football.

#671 ·

He could win the league with Chelsea. And if they manage to get through the CL he'd be able to give them a good chance there too.

It's odd, if you'd told me Chelsea would win the league this season I wouldn't really have been fussed. We're obviously not going to win it so as long as it's not United or Everton I don't really care. And I still love Benitez. But the thought of him winning the league with them is a horrid one.

Our home game against Chelsea is the closest to the anniversary. Not looking forward to that.

#673 ·

Your just jealous you didn't have a demigod like RAFA :favre3

#675 ·

I for one wish the season ended tomorrow. Just got to put up with it. Far from what I want, but I can't make a difference. Hope the team does well. And then sort out this Pep deal.

#676 ·

What reaction do you think he'll get Joel? I can understand you not liking him, the same reason why I would never want Mourinho anywhere near Liverpool. Will he get booed?

#677 ·

What reaction do you think he'll get Joel? I can understand you not liking him, the same reason why I would never want Mourinho anywhere near Liverpool. Will he get booed?
Exactly. I know our short rivalry with you has been finished for a while, but this appointment has just shitted all over the memories of it. Even though I hate you guys, I enjoyed the rivalry, but now it feels ruined. Mourinho was Chelsea, Benitez was Liverpool and that's how it should be. Neither should be managing the other team due to the history. Mourinho bagged your club, Rafa said somethings about us. That's how it should be. But now Rafa is managing us... It's just not right.

I expect they'll be sombre applause mixed with "One Di Matteo" chants and a little booing, but not overpowering. Roman may be booed if he is at the game too.

#693 ·

You'll still get 3rd spot. Will Rafa do any better with the current group of players than RDM would have? Probably not. Will Torres play every game again now? Definitely.
Pretty much what I was gonna say. Rafa should secure you guys Champo league football but that at most. Said it from the start of the season and I'm not gonna change it now, the title will be between the two Manchester clubs with Chelsea finishing pretty comfortably in third while guys like Arsenal, Spurs & Maybe Everton (doubt us tbh) will fight for 4th.

Honestly not sure what to make of him actually going to Chelsea though. Never really had that level of hatred for Chelsea even during the Rafa/Jose days. Maybe I just don't care since I have no real expectations of Chelsea to be battling for anywhere except 3rd.

#680 ·

The title's coming to Chelseaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.