Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #638 (permalink)
Bubzeh
Humbled

Bubzeh
Default Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Wake me up when November ends :'()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige™ View Post
Na, Xabi just wanted to play for a team he could win leagues titles with.

What's Xabi got to do with the fact he spent a shitload of money anyway? Take out Xabi's fee and Rafa still spent around £200m. Saying he was hindered by a lack of money was stupid. He clearly wasn't.

Fair enough but I didn't mention them did I? i just pointed out he spent over £220m when he was quoted as to have been hindered by a lack of money which obviously wasn't the case.

Ok fair enough but he wasn't exactly a world beater was he?

You mean, "I can't justify it so I'll say come up with some pathetic attempt at comparison and play the cool guy with enough said, stop whining." Sweet dude.

What's that got to do with it? That wasn't my point was it? Twist it all you want. Agreeing a £20m deal for Aqualani was as you put it, "a huge mistake."

You're attempts to justify it again on something completely irrelevant (finishing 2nd) doesn't change it was an awful amount of money and a poor signing.

Play a lot of twister do you by any chance?!
We're going off on a tangent here and I hate talking about the financial side of football, seeing as the fans (us) know hardly anything that goes on behind the scenes, but it's really amazing how you can say Rafa "wasted" all this cash. If only he could what Roman did this summer with Hazard etc. Then Torres the season before. You know most of what Rafa spent, he had to sell to do so? Right? For instance, there would be no Torres if Bellamy hadn't been shipped out, despite him having scored past Barca in the 2-1 away win. Sissoko couldn't be kept when Mascherano was targeted. In an ideal world, LFC would have been able to keep those type of players as back up, instead, a young, cheap and cheap waged N'Gog was back up for Torres who suffered too many injuries towards the end of Rafa's reign. That was the scenario throughout the squad. Degen (free), Voronin (free), etc etc.

And Aquilani simply wasn't 20 million pounds ny - seeing as Hicks and Gilette wanted the profit from Xabi, Rafa was allowed a fantastic 5 million of that. Even with the 5 million, Aquilani was a bad choice.