Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #2604 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM
jm99
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
I really have no idea who's going to win this. At first I was certain that Rock would win and it would set up Rock/Cena II at Mania. But now I'm thinking Punk could win at the Rumble due to Heyman's other client BROCK LESNAR F-5ing Rock leading to Brock/Rock at Mania. Where would that lead Punk though? Punk/Taker WWE title match wouldn't be a good idea. Taker doesn't need the title but at this point he should never lose at Mania. Plus Punk/Taker would be a step down from HBK/Taker & HHH/Taker. Cena/Taker is the match that can keep that certain star power level of Taker Mania matches afloat.

We've seen Punk/Orton before, we've seen Punk/Triple H before. There would be no one for him.
I definitely think Rock/Brock is the way they'll go, and I imagine that Punk will be left with Ryback to face, since I don't see anyone other than him winning the rumble (maybe Cena, but I think Ryback's much more likely). We've already seen it, but I think it would be the only way they can really end Punk's reign at this point properly without him dropping it to a part time star like Rock or Taker.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome