Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#1,535 ·
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - Where Chandler "MVP" Parsons reigns.

Because this is gonna be their fourth game in five nights and you know Pop, he's always resting his vets. Only surprise is that he sent Danny Green home too, that lets me know Pop must really like him.

@Stall_19: Agreed :lmao

#1,540 ·

LAMB sent to the D-League.

I somewhat understand why the Thunder aren't playing him, as Martin is killing it so far and they are already have a pretty loaded backcourt, but it would be nice to see him getting some minutes as he was the 12th round pick and I highly doubt he'd be THAT bad if given some playing time.

My boy PJIII still needs to given his minutes before I go mad. :kobe2

#1,541 ·

Brooks isn't that high on him I think. The Thunder were blowing out Charlotte by 50 and Lamb earlier this week was still sitting on the bench. He got in the game but he was mediocre, didn't shoot the ball well, picked up a bunch of quick fouls. He'll be fine in the long haul though, as will PJ3. OKC's just that good at drafting. Look at guys like Byron Mullens & Cole Aldrich, rode the bench in OKC and are now solid role players on other teams. And both Lamb & PJ3 are more talented than both of those guys.

Isn't Charles Barkley commentating tonight? It's bad enough the game will probably be extremely one-sided but now I have to listen to Charles for over 48 minutes. Oh well hopefully he'll provide at least a couple laughs.

#1,542 ·

Barkley is the fucking man. You don't like him? Everything he says is hilarious.

Although as far as commentary is concerned, nobody touches Bill Walton...that guy was on another level. His use of hyperbole is second to none.

#1,543 ·

I love Barkley, he's hilarious but as far as commentary goes. No, no, no if he's anything like how he was last year when he commentated.

Anyway, Rondo has been suspended 2 games for his role in the altercation. Looks like I was right in my prediction. Fair suspension I guess.

#1,546 ·

Just want to point this out. The Pistons started off 0-8 but are 5-3 since they moved Rodney Stuckey to 6th man and promoted Kyle Singler to starter. I still hold on to my prediction off them making the playoffs as the 8th seed. IDC IDC IDC

#1,547 ·

lamb getting sent down is so he could get playing time. brooks can't manage minutes w/ his bench well at all and lamb fell into the problem that brooks sticks with what he knows for far too long. lamb also ran into the issue that he's behind reggie jackson on their bench and they pair jackson with maynor.

thabeet getting a standing ovation for coming back out was fun.

#1,548 ·

I want to hype the return. It was reported today that he's eyeing a Jan 18th return, 8 months after surgery. We'll see if the front office obliges with that. Here are some videos Adidas put together. Pretty cool series.

#1,550 ·

I'm fucking pissed. I have been anticipating this San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat game all week. Now that the game is on, I learn that Gregg Popovich decided he's not playing any of his stars tonight. No Tim Duncan. No Manu Ginobili. No Tony Parker.

Commissioner Stern is pissed too.

#1,553 ·

Stern can eat a dick.

Pop has been doing this shit for years and Stern has said nothing about it, but I guess since Stern did it against his precious Miami Heat fucking up his TV ratings now he wants to have a problem with it.

Stern can miss me with that.

#1,555 ·

So why not just rest them against the Magic? It's not like the commute from Orlando to Miami took a lot out of them. Yes, Pop has done this before & I hated it every time in the past that he has done it too. But this is the team with the best record in the East, the defending champions, on the first game on TNT with Charles Barkley on commentary. If I were Stern, I would be pissed too.

He also waited until the last minute to let anyone know too, so the fans that bought tickets to this game are going to be pissed. It also fucked with betting lines, for whatever that is worth (nothing, really).

#1,558 ·

Because the Magic was the easier win and against Orlando they weren't playing their fourth game in five nights.

The thing irritates me is that Pop has been doing this for years but now since he did against the Heat, now all these people wanna make a big deal out of it and try to get the Spurs fined and shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.