• Meisha Tate

Votes: 58 59.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMA Discussion Thread

247K views 6K replies 249 participants last post by  InTheAirTonight 
#1 ·
Amazing new and fresh MMA thread.

Walls loves Faber or something like that.

MMA needs more roundhouses.

#1,622 ·
Fuck no. I'm in Edmonton Alberta, better known as Deadmonton Alberta :lol

No one of note ever trains here. Never saw anyone, and I doubt I ever will. I plan on moving the fuck outta here ASAP, so we'll see what happens then. Maybe down the road I'll compete, but I HIGHLY doubt it. My knees are really fucked right now, and I don't want to risk competing and getting my kneecap dislocated for the 4th time or maybe something worse like a torn tendon of some sort. Right now, it's all in fun. Doing Jiu Jitsu because I love it, but doing everything else to shed fat, and because it's better then a treadmill.

Liverpool? I thought for some reason you were in Florida :lmao

#1,623 ·
Haha, yeah from Liverpool but I'm moving to Florida in September, that's why I mentioned looking for a new gym in Orlando before mate :lmao So if there was anybody in this thread from the area and could help me out with a suggestion then I'd be all ears for that like.

Even if you just have an amatuer fight against some 47 year old who is having a scrap for bus fare and a butty, to say you have an MMA fight will be a pretty cool thing to be able to say lad!

As you said, sure as hell beats the treadmill! Also the sense of accomplishment you get when you're constantly getting tapped at first and you then get your first tap, an then your second, and you start putting up a good fight against everybody an holding your own against the regulars is absolutely awesome. Dope feeling.

#1,625 ·
The gym where I did Muay Thai offers all manner of mma/ bjj classes, no-one of note trains there but one day a few years ago Randy fucking Couture walks in unannounced!! it was when he was doin that book/speech tour and was in contact with the trainers who told no one, I wasn't there but all the boys got awesome stare-down pics done with him.

I'd be happy to start doing bjj there as I know its a great gym but the Gracie affiliation of the other place holds a bit of sway haha, either way im determined this is the year Im getting back on the ground, plan is to get back into MT too and get training 3 nights a week time permiting.

No plans of any competing or such, but god help any man fucking with me outside the chipper at 3am.

(eh, not that anyone seriously training martial arts should be hanging around chippers at 3am).

#1,655 ·
Please. Sonnen buried him worse after the show, telling me that he can arrange that meeting with Jesus he wants so bad :lmao

Sucks, I was actually pulling for Bisping. He's kinda converted me slowly over time. But he does always circle to the power side and it was driving me nuts watching it because I could tell that kick was coming again and Bisping didn't have his hands up and then BAM. Chokes yet again. At least Chael got his shots :rogan

Tavaraes got beat the fuck down at the end of his fight. Took like 14-15 unanswered shots. WTF, Dan?

#1,639 ·
Bisping really came in with the wrong gameplan. Don't strike with Vitor the early rounds. Wear him out. Clinch. Dirty box etc. Then again, Vitor doesn't really kick often, so I don't blame Bisping for getting caught, because Vitor winning by headkick would've been my last guess.

Don't fuck with mohawk Vitor. Because God just wasn't enough :lmao

#1,642 ·
Unless you're Anderson Silva.

Vitor looked tremendous tonight. Good movement. Nice feints. Awesome KO.

An upset? Hardly. I had that fight STRAIGHT even going into it. I was expecting Belfort to be slower then he was, and thought Bisping could neutralize his stand up and maybe grind out his decision, but Vitor came out there looking awesome. Hardly an upset. Thought Bisping would win, but it was purely a coin flip for me.

#1,643 ·
It's official, Bisping is a choke artist against top 10 fighters. Vitor looked great tonight. Nice mohawk too.

UFC on FX tonight went by really fast. Card was decent.

Who does Silva fight next? Belfort, Weidman or Rockhold?

#1,644 ·
Lombard, Weidman, Jacare, Rockhold are the only people left in MW. I don't give a fuck about Middleweight anymore. Only guy that has a chance to beat Silva is Jon Jones anyway, and I highly doubt we'll ever see that fight. Bisping vs. Silva would've at least featured some good promo's leading up to it.

#1,646 · (Edited)
Poor Vitor. Stuck between two divisions that he'll probably never get title shots in. What makes it worse is, he's probably the #2 Middleweight, and up there in the Light Heavyweight Rankings too. Too good for the rest of the division, and yet, not good enough to best the champs. I guess there are solid match ups for him at Light Heavyweight, but thats about it unless they want to go the rematch with Anderson route.

Also:

Dem Bisping KO's

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.