Wrestling Forum banner

Next NXT Champion?

4K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  Rhawk 
#1 ·
With having already knowing the status of Seth Rollins, one has to wonder if he will still keep the NXT title after what happened last night at Survivor Series. I really don't know what they plan on pulling off, but I certainly think his time on NXT should be over. It's time for a new champion, and I wouldn't mind seeing Kassius Ohno with the title. What are your thoughts on this matter?

#4 ·
Everyone's favourite babyface Bo Dallas imo. Ohno still isn't doing much for me in WWE, his NXT work is certainly an improvement over his FCW work. Chances are Rollins will lose to a heel unless they do the face picking up the win in a multiman match like they did when Dallas took the FCW title from him.

There's also that guy Rollins is possibly feuding with that the most recent set of spoilers hinted at. He'd be pretty cool.

#7 ·
I just feel like the most worthy person left in NXT is actually Kassius Ohno. Ambrose, and Rollins were the other two. Honestly, I thought Reigns would have been Ohno last night. I really would have dug Ambrose, Ohno, and Rollins. That would have owned. However, since that is not the case, I find it a perfect chance for Ohno to step up to the plate in NXT. He is going to be in the business for another decade, or so.

I'm glad he doesn't have the oiled up physique that everyone bitches about. He isn't a small guy by any means, and does one hell of job working the WWE style. His look is by far unique, and always has been. One of the more important things in wrestling is being able to adapt, and evolve in character with those adaptations. Ohno has been able to do that very well his whole career. He kept the "KO" concept, and his new name is awesome. Kassius is a great name, and Ohno is highly marketable.

Honestly, I think he should take that NXT title, and show the WWE what the future looks like with Kassius Ohno. When first hearing of Chris Hero I was probably the biggest anti-hero fan there was. I couldn't understand what was such a big deal about him especially so early in his career. To me he was just some backyard wrestler. As his career went on I realized this was a star in the making. His story is a success story, and he finally got where he needs to be.

He did what many great stars do, and became part of a Legendary tag team. Even though it wasn't the typical WWE, or WCW, or NWA tag teams that we are used to we have to understand that those promotions didn't not exist at the height of his tag team success with Cesaro. He became an instant name in the business along with Castagnoli as the Kings of Wrestling. I wouldn't exactly say Cesaro is the Jannety of the two, but he is the lesser talented of the two men. Hero was the Edge while Cesaro was the Christian of the team.

Aside from that he did well going solo after being known for wrestling in a tag team for several years. His work all over the world is also something notable. Ohno can wrestle with the best of them, and his exposure to all those areas was important. Everything he has done in his career leads him right in to the path of greatness in the WWE. You can tell he is a fan of the business, and that he isn't just collecting a paycheck. I only hope he starts to represent the Buckeye State a little better, and roll with the Red, and Silver colors in his attire a bit more often.

#16 ·
You have mistaken, "SHIT I DON'T LIKE," for "SHIT THAT IS MEANINGLESS."

You don't like women's wrestling, so you think the whole division should be scrapped. You don't watch NXT, so you crap on the title - even though there is a vocal contingent of people who enjoy the show better than the other WWE programming.

Stop it. JUST STOP IT.

#29 ·
I wouldn't be opposed to Corey Graves getting the title. Corey is going to be a mainstay in the WWE in a few short years. Steamboat could be a possibility, but I think he is ready to come up to the main roster. Smackdown needs a star like Richie, and despite his ability on the mic I think if they came up with a solid story for him, Steamboat could be a solid star.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.