Wrestling Forum banner

Where does CM Punk go now?

9K views 80 replies 61 participants last post by  spezzano2311 
#1 ·
He's defeated everybody there is to defeat. Ryback will obviously be busy with Seth Rollings, Reigns and that other short guy but what about Punk? He's had enough with Cena. Who else is there to step up to the plate to face Punk at the next PPV?

#72 ·
I think its okay as long as they follow up on it, a lot of people are criticising the Maddox storyline but we don't even know if its over yet, I'm going to let things play out for another month or two.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using VerticalSports.Com App

#73 ·
Re: its getting obvious

I actually think they've done something pretty good.

I know many people don't like Ryback for whatever reason. However, they were and are building up Ryback as a monster. When he was undefeated, they had people who started chanting Goldberg, not just because of his appearance and such, but also because of how he was being pushed.

Give WWE some credit, they've allowed Ryback to lose, but lose in ways which don't destroy his "push" or his winning streak. They've kept him as a strong monster without having to resort to the massive Goldberg-esque undefeated streak.

They've also done a good job about not necessarily having him going "after the belt", but rather just out to "kick ass".

I think they are also doing a good job with CM Punk. Let's be honest, he isn't going to win clean over Cena or Ryback. To hope that he would is just a little ridiculous. He is a heel, and they're job is to get you to hate him as much as possible, and have him win in the most devious or least legitimate ways. This will help build CM Punk up to get absolutely stomped by the Rock at Royal Rumble, which we all know is the end goal here.

#74 ·
Re: its getting obvious

I just lol at so many people making assumptions when it's not even been 24 hours yet since they debuted, this entire thread is pure speculation! Until tonight, no one can say for sure where it's going!

#77 ·
I actually like the idea of Punk defending the WWE Title against Foley in a TLC match at TLC. I don't see it happening, but I do like that idea.

The most likely scenario is that Punk will defend the WWE Title one last time against Cena, in a TLC match. The perfect ending to their fued, and of course Cena will be claiming that he should be facing the Rock at the Royal Rumble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.