Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Where does CM Punk go now?
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Evil Peter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Where does CM Punk go now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I didn't order it either way. But yeah, I get your point. Still doesn't mean that I give a crap. If there's on thing that has plagued Punk his entire reign, probably even more than playing second fiddle to Cena, it's the fact that bar 2 occasions (the singles matches vs. Cena @ NOC and vs. Ryback @ HIAC) he was NEVER even in any remote danger of losing the title. Everybody and their grandmother knew he would beat Jericho, beat Bryan, beat whoever. He hasn't ever been in any real danger of losing it so it sort of means nothing when he keeps it and that's on top of all the other problems with this reign too. That's what I'm getting at. By announcing the Rock match, yes, they are hyping that one match in particular but at the same time they're devaluing all the other matches Punk has had in between because we all know and have known that he isn't losing it until the Rumble when he faces Rock.
I don't think we could have said for sure that Punk would have retained every time since WWE can be quite wasteful. The reports were that they thought about putting the title on Ryback at HIAC all the way to the actual match day, which would have been bad for both Punk and Ryback. WWE is known for doing dumb things like that and then just throw the original thing back on the table in time for the long term plan to work out.

To me all logical booking said to have Punk retain but I just don't expect WWE to act logical all the time.

Then again I didn't expect Cena, HHH etc to lose in most of their matches in their long reigns either. It's the ride that has to be the entertainment in my view.

As for the actual question by the TS, I'd say that the best way to spend this time is to build up Punk to work as good as possible after RR if he's to lose the title to Rock. WWE desperately needs it's only really big heel so he needs to keep being a force despite losing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome