Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - America vs Europe/Rest of the World

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #35 (permalink)
TheStudOfEngland
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

TheStudOfEngland 501 - 1000TheStudOfEngland 501 - 1000TheStudOfEngland 501 - 1000TheStudOfEngland 501 - 1000TheStudOfEngland 501 - 1000TheStudOfEngland 501 - 1000
Default Re: America vs Europe/Rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post

They are also older sports, and require less equipment, thus, less money. Many countries cannot afford American Football equipment. Same goes for hockey, and additionally not everyone has access to ice in order to play hockey.

Soccer football requires nothing more than a ball. Same goes for Rugby.

No, and I gave some reasons for that. The rest of the world can afford to play soccer. Most of them cannot afford all the required equipment for American Football. That's a major, major, reason. So I guess European Sports are cheaper to play, thus, better? Hockey is actually played by many countries throughout the world. The simple problem is that many countries such as all of Africa, South America, and many places in Asia, have warmer climates. Hockey is not terribly viable, and like football, the sport is rather expensive to get equipment and facilities for to play in.

American Football is the greatest sport on the planet IMO. I think if the rest of the world had A) the money to finance it, B) Their populations had access to sufficient equipment to work out & bulk up to be efficient at the sport that you might see a new favorite sport of the world.

American soccer/world football might be the most played, but I do not think it is the best.
Very good points and I have to agree with you on all of them! I live in England and I've sort of just gotten my friends into American Football and I actually HAVE an american football, and we really wanna try it out and play it properly, and this comes to your point about the equipment as we don't want to risk injury against eachother doing tackles like we want. Rugby easy to play with eachother since the tackles aren't THAT aggressive, but a very good point made about not affording equipment as that's the only thing that is stopping us from playing it properly over here!

#The2ndComing
TheStudOfEngland is offline   Reply With Quote