Status
Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#3,687 ·
Medlen was very good last year, but he also had a lot of good luck with BABIP. I'll concede him, though... I'm not bullish on Maholm or Minor, the latter especially. And Teheran has yet to prove he can pitch at the Major League level, with a host of velocity concerns. The good news for the Braves is that should Teheran falter, they have a couple of potentially strong candidates for the 5th spot in the rotation in Sean Gilmartin and/or J.R. Graham. Still not a rotation that bodes well in my view, especially in an NL East featuring a scary Washington Nationals club spearheaded by the best rotation in the National League. (The Detroit Tigers have the best in the American League.)

#3,689 ·
You may be right Deso. Time will tell. I like their starters save Maholm, but I don't know much about him. Of the ones I know about, Minor and Teheran are the biggest question marks, but I think they'll both be pretty good. Let's also not forget they get Brandon Beachy back at some point as well, but yeah he's coming off of TJ, so he might not be the same this season. Braves have a pretty good bullpen too. Overall, they're good for a WC spot. I'm going on the odd year theory with JUp though. I actually like Jason Heyward more than him at this point.

#3,692 ·
And... there we go:

@jcrasnick: Kyle Lohse gets three years and $33M, plus an additional $1M in performance bonuses, pending physical. #brewers
Not exactly what Boras was probably envisioning, but not shabby, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.