Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #1968 (permalink)
Heterodox
Learning to break kayfabe

Heterodox 101 - 250Heterodox 101 - 250
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
Kris Travis vs Dave Mastiff - PCW Guild Wars
Finally a great Mastiff match from 2012 Mastiff's a super fatty bulldozer that WWE so need to pick up. Or even just get a tour in Japan. He's so under utilised just working the UK Indy Scene for a guy with his size and his talent. Travis is a super babyface worker on top of being an amazing goofball heel with Kirby. Travis is great too. So you've got 2 great workers and they work a really well structured match. Wrestling is simple at times. Mastiff's a great bully in control of the loveable babyface and makes the control segment rule. They work a really nifty finishing stretch too.

Akira Tozawa vs El Ligero - PCW Guild Wars
Workrate match of the year for me so far. Ligero isn't very good at all but Tozawa is so bossy in this and they work a well structured workrate match. Finishing sequence is great and the near falls work a treat without ever feeling like they're kicking it out of stuff because that's the cool thing to do these days.

****1/4
Where could one find footage of these matches?

Twitter: @ProWresOne
Heterodox is offline   Reply With Quote