Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MLB: ONE WEEK!
Thread: MLB: ONE WEEK!
View Single Post
post #2473 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Funkmaster DROW the X-Mas Hero
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being happy. -Robert Louis Stevenson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

re: MLB: ONE WEEK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown0718 View Post
Sorta to both points, I hate Yankee Stadium's dimensions. Guys see that short porch and and go pull happy. Completely ruined Teixiera and Granderson's swing. Pitchers know to just throw off speed pitches and breaking balls to the outside and they'll get themselves out SMH. Thank God Robbie is a spray hitter or we'd be truly fucked.
Completely agree. Long's insistence to emphasize the "power of the pull" has really damaged the all-around hitting technique and ability of guys like Granderson and Teixiera, quite badly, in fact. They remain dangerous, of course, but any good pitcher who knows what he's doing has an extra built-in advantage against them because their hitting strategy is so transparent.

By the way, I'm really looking forward to the series in about ten months when the GIANTS invade Yankee Stadium. Should be a lot of fun.

One of my favorite live baseball memories has to be going to the entire New York Yankees/San Francisco Giants series of June 22-24, 2007. Now that was a lot of fun.

Poor Matt Cain kept posting a 3.00-or-so ERA and could never win ("Cained" he was by the Giants through his first several years, it's a travesty). A-Rod at his peak. Bonds chasing history, steroids notwithstanding. Lots of drama in all three games. I'll always remember that Sunday afternoon game in particular. Clemens coming in for relief and blowing up. A-Rod's mammoth dinger to Center Field. Lots of great plays by both teams throughout the whole weekend.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome