Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

329K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#224 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (A BRAVE new thread)

Carroll and Sandro with Dembele ahead of them is a very good lot of players in the middle of the park. He looks like a top young player. Also you guys need to shoot Gallas. Just put him down for good :lol

#226 · (Edited)

I think Spurs half time sub would have been better to have Carrol come on for Naughton. Then have Vertonghen go out left, and Sandro come in as a stepping out centre-half. Then play 4-3-2 with Carroll - Huddlestone - Lennon in midfield, and Bale alongside Defoe upfront. I know hindsight and all that, but I think 3 at the back when all three of the defenders aren't the quickest is a bit risky. Vertonghen is very good, don't get me wrong, but he isn't the quickest. I honestly think we should have scored more given we were going 3 forwards on 3 defenders, but we got very lazy after scoring the fourth goal.

Also someone really needs to shoot David Pleat. He got players mixed up at least 10 time. It was ridiculous by the end, calling Andre Santos 'Mikel Arteta'. Another good one was calling our goalkeeper 'Koscielny'. He regularly got Huddlestone and Sandro mixed up too, but that's arguably more forgivable.

#229 ·

his commentating was absolutely woeful and biased too.

vermoooooolen.
:lmao I was taking the piss of that one during the game.

My least favourite co-commentator has to be Mick McCarthy though. You could be watching the most exciting game ever played and he'll make it sound like 90 minutes working down a mine.

#230 ·

Also, if anyone didn't think that Adebayor's red card was deserved, you'll probably want to find a time-machine so you can go back to watching football in the 80s, or failing that, you can always watch Rugby instead.

That sort of tackle has no place in football. If it were me, I'd have those sort of tackles a 5 match ban. Tackles like that cause injuries. When one player puts a fellow professional's career at risk like that, the book should be thrown at them. It annoys me that a tackle like that incurs the same ban as a red card you can get for leaving an errant arm flailing out when jumping for a header. I know those can cause injury too (as Cristiano knows all too well) but it's not comparable to potential leg-breaking studs up tackles.

#243 ·

That'd mean I'd only ever play 3 sunday league games a season though.
I used to be a dirty fuck of a player in my younger days as well. I'm truly amazed at how I didn't hurt too many people or indeed how rarely I'd even get sent off. I guess when you're slow, not very good but want to win, kicking people is all you can do.

#239 ·

3 weeks in a row the player I've transferred out in fantasy football has scored now. Why does football hate me so much?
It happens to everyone, don't worry. It's annoying, even more so when the players you've benched score, get assists/clean sheets/saves/bonuses etc.

I thought my bet on Adkins to get sacked first was nailed on, maybe not now. Poor Sparky.

#250 ·

That Moses pen shout is the type of thing where if it happened out of the box, its always gets given, but inside the box, not so often. I get the feeling Chelsea will score any minute now. Mata and Hazard, just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.