Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #9016 (permalink)
Oliver-94
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

Oliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a push
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
****3/4.

Booking was fine. I wanted BROCK to win myself, but considering Cena lost to Rock at WrestleMania it was needed. Unless the WWE was gonna do the downward spiral angle that Starbuck presented. That's only indication I can see Cena losing being needed in.

I blame Rock for all of this.
I wouldn't say it was needed because Cena has now reached a point where losing matches doesn't hurt him as much. Lesnar needed the win more than Cena did but after the match, all the appeal and hype about Lesnar was gone. He just became another guy who loses matches. Imagine the build up to his potential match with Taker. Lesnar has beaten Cena and HHH, two of the biggest stars and now he faces Undertaker. Both are undefeated; Lesnar undefeated since returning and Taker undefeated at Wrestlemania. IMO, it's a bad idea to make your highest paid wrestler lose in his first match. It's like Goldberg losing to the Rock in his very first WWE match. Only difference is that Lesnar lost.

On the Rock match, I didn't really mind who won but a loss doesn't really hurt Cena for two main reasons. Firstly, it could be argued that the torch was passed to Cena when he defeated both HBK and HHH at Wrestlemania and he has achieved almost everything in the WWE (only thing he hasn't won is the IC title). Secondly, he will eventually beat the Rock in the future to make up for his loss at WM 28 which makes it 1-1 between Rock and Cena.