Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze This: Greatest of All Times

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Gorgeous One
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000
Default Re: Analyze This: Greatest of All Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
You're missing the whole point. There is no basis for what GOAT should be based on. It's all a matter of opinion. Sure if someone says Jarrett is greater than Hogan, I would disagree. But, I don't expect to change their opinion.

That is what GOAT is, nothing more than a personal favorite. Reason I say that is because people seem to limit it to American wrestling from 1984 and today. Whereas, a guy who watched in the 70s might have a different answer or a guy who is a big fan of Japanese wrestling. It's nothing more than opinions, based on what people prefer. And I don't want to derail the thread from it's original purpose but if I was to list who I feel is GOAT, dozens of people will step in and completely debate everything I said based solely on drawing. No winner or loser, just strong opinions.

And no, there is no such thing as GOAT, unless you've watched all aspects of wrestling. That's why I find it weird when people make these GOAT lists and leave out plenty of old school and international talents. And based on that, everybody, in some way, shape or form, are going to be biased in favor of what they are familiar with.
Well that just links in to my earlier point. What is correct and incorrect in the world? Everything could be seen as just a matter of opinion. For example, I could say I believe anyone who isn't a white male should be killed. Does that make me wrong? Since it is my opinion. What if governments thought like that, does that make it right? There has to be objectiveness, otherwise it is just an everlasting loop. Shouldn't it be compiled through logic and reasoning instead of opinion? Jake 'The Snake' Roberts is one of my all time favourites, but I wouldn't consider him one of the greatest of all time.

When people make lists of the greatest musical artists of all time, they usually use logic and reasoning to why one artist is better than another. The Beatles usually end up on top of that list, but that doesn't mean every single person who writes them has The Beatles as their favourite artist of all time. Favourite and Greatest are two different things.
The Gorgeous One is offline   Reply With Quote