Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright IWC, let's see it: Rank the Top 10 Technical Wrestlers TODAY

9K views 55 replies 37 participants last post by  xhc 
#1 ·
Alright IWC, let's see it: Rank the Top 10 Technical Wrestlers TODAY

Not just in WWE, but also TNA, ROH and anywhere else. Also, be sure and list guys for their skills today not just resting on their past technical prowess (Angle, Regal, ect....obviously these guys are all time greats, but def. not the best in 2012)

I'll post the general consensus when we've had enough responses

BQ: Top 20 for all the true smarks out there

#3 ·
I would have Punk behind Bryan, Angle is starting to fade a little with age and injuries. Bryan ARies and Punk have been amazing this year just goes to show Talent always rises to the top no matter the size. I personally wouldn't have Del rio in the top 10.

1. Bryan
2. Punk
3. Aries
4. Roode
5. Kenta
6. ziggler
7. Prince Devitt
8. Angle
9. Cena
10 Sheamus

#8 ·
I'm not up on todays Japanese wrestling only with Kenta thanks to him working in ROH. Cena is a pretty good worker, his match with Lesnar was excelent and his match with the rock was very good. Sheamus had probably had the match of the year with Bryan at extreme rules. Whats so funny at having Punk at number 2?

#10 ·
Saying he doesn't belong means you have no credibility.

MITB with Cena
Night of Champions with HHH
Survivor Series with Del Rio
WM28 with Jericho
Extreme Rules with Jericho
Over The Limit with Bryan
MITB with Bryan

All 4 star+ matches. How exactly does he NOT belong? I am sick of ignorant people on this forum acting like Punk can't wrestle just because he's at the top of WWE. He can wrestle and these matches prove it.

#6 ·
Don't actually watch wrestling outside of WWE and TNA, so i'm only going to post WWE and TNA wrestlers instead.

(1)Daniel Bryan(Best in the world)
(2)Samoa Joe(Yes I said it)
(3)Douglas Williams
(4)CM Punk
(5)AJ Styles
(6)Austin Aries
(7)Magnus
(8)Tyson Kidd
(9)Alberto Del Rio
(10)Robert Roode

I also didn't mention any veterns like Angle, Jericho or Regal but that's because my list is comprised of the current generation of wrestlers only.

#7 ·
This thread may cause some problems, so I am not even gonna try and make a list.
Mostly, because, you know, I can't know who the best are (none of us can, really, IMO).

@The Livid One

#17 ·
How the hell is Styles, Rollins, & Khali are in the top 5 over Richards. Khali is just abysmal in the ring. & Rollins & Styles are primarily high-flyers.

#16 · (Edited)
I won't rank them, simply name ten of my own preference.

Daniel Bryan
Davey Richards
Kurt Angle
Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Kyle O'Reilly
Samoa Joe
Munenori Sawa
Eddie Edwards (reluctantly)
Alberto Del Rio (guy can really work a match, even if by WWE standards).

Calling other brilliant wrestlers like Kevin Steen and El Generico "technical wrestlers" is pushing it, as much as I'd love to have included them, and I'm fairly sure Doug Williams isn't actively wrestling anymore. Would also have included Mike Quackenbush but I don't follow his current work much, if at all; he's still amazing in his own right, though.

Also, I think it's a misconception to mix strong style and mat wrestling, which is why guys like Low Ki and most puro wrestlers stayed out - and, admittedly, I don't know a lot of the less mainstream japanese wrestlers to have an opinion on them, but (awesome) guys like Nakamura and Nakajima don't really fit my own definition of "technical wrestler".

#23 ·
I don't watch ROH, Japanese wrestling or other Indies - and only started on TNA again recently - so, my list is skewing towards more mainstream, so expecting a lot of "lol!whut?"

1. Bryan
2. Regal
3. Angle
4. Punk
5. Ambrose
6. Austin Aries
7. Samoa Joe
8. Jericho
9. Sandow (maybe not as much technical, as I just enjoy his style)
10. Cesaro (same here I guess)

#24 · (Edited)
1. Kurt Angle
2. Samoa Joe
3. Bryan
4. Punk
5. Aries
6. Kenta (Only saw him in ROH, don't now about him right now, so I can't really judge)
7. Maybe Roderick Strong
8. Lesnar
9. Del Rio
10. Jericho

#28 ·
Angle>everyone by 20000 miles

#30 ·
I'd love to be able to make a list, but I only catch Japanese wrestling in bits and I know there would a few on there so I won't bother. Anyone got any links to watch Japanese wrestling online regularly?

#39 ·
Define Technical..

All I can list is TNA/WWE, and maybe a few indies

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Aj Styles
3. Austin Aries
3. Samoa Joe
4. Tyson Kidd
5. Ziggler
6. Chris Jericho
7. Low Ki
8. Kenta
9. Angle
10. Desmond Wolfe if still wrestling(man was he good)
He's retired :(

#37 ·
Here's my list:

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Austin Aries
3. Davey Richards
4. Prince Devitt
5. A.J. Styles
6. CM Punk
7. Kurt Angle
8. Samoa Joe
9. Chris Jericho
10. KENTA
11. Christopher Daniels
12. Eddie Edwards
13. Alex Shelley
14. Shinsuke Nakamura
15. Mike Quackenbush
16. Randy Orton
17. Bobby Roode
18. Tyson Kidd
19. Claudio Castagnoli
20. Roderick Strong

#40 ·
How is AJ styles a technical wrestler, he's more of a highflyer wrestler with high kicks, thats not technical. Bryan for example does holds and various submissions from different positions, and also when you counter moves that means you're technical, just like Joe, Angle, Punk, Aries etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.