WWE has dropped the ball:
- with Storytelling for sure
- With development of it's lower and mid card talents
- with using tired old cliche wrestling personas
- by trying to appeal to kids with no concern for older fans
- with putting up an effective Divas division. They'd be better off scrapping it and making them valets.
- With gaining new talent
- With failures to expand into having some smaller territories in other areas of country in order to find/develop new talents
- By eliminating WCW completely. Without competition, there's no drive, no incentive and nowhere to steal talent from
- by insulting the intelligence of any creature with a higher intellect than an ant
- and finally, by complete lack of focus
Storylines are now complete drivel. Whenever I see AJ/Vickie doing their schtick, I change the channel or worse, watch it and fall asleep. It's even worse when they rehash the current episode of it. It's boring crap nobody really wants to see. Even kids can come up with more engaging storylines than this and since neither Cena nor AJ are married, even children don't care if they're having an "affair".
Also the rest of the storylines, mostly getting overshadowed due to this one being the one played too much, are unimaginative and stale.
Apparently, in about 95% of the country, nobody wants to be a pro wrestler. How do I say that? By lack of developing any talent in these areas. Does anyone recall the NWA? Pacific Northwest, World Class(Texas), AWA(loosely a partner with it, representing upper midwest), Mid South(Oklahoma, LOuisiana, etc.), Continental(Alabama, Mississippi), Florida Championship wrestling, Mid atlantic, Calgary Stampede etal. Whenever a wrestler became stale in one area, he went to another and was suddenly fresh again. Tired of seeing Randy Orton? Let him go to a WWE World Class(texas and states in that area) for a while and gather a bigger following there and then reappear a year or two later in the main WWE shows? He'd be fresh again.
VInce stole the best talent he could from those areas to build the WWE into what it is today. The wrestlers came into WWE already having a following in some areas of the country. It was a smorgasboard of wrestlers to pick from. "Hey,Ted Dibiase and Hacksaw Duggan are popular in MidSouth, I'll grab them". "Pacific Northwest has this popular guy, Billy Jack Haynes, sign him", And so on.