Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Yeah WWE has gone soft but is it TOO soft?

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gunner14
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority

Gunner14 Gunner14 Gunner14 Gunner14 Gunner14 Gunner14 Gunner14 Gunner14 Gunner14
Default Re: Yeah WWE has gone soft but is it TOO soft?

PG isnt the problem. never has been. The company hasnt wanted to do anything that could be deemed risky or potentially harmful to Linda's campaign. Hell they was news yesterday that WWE has been too scared to release crap wrestlers because one of Linda's promises was to help create jobs....

Pretty much all the Harry Potter films are PG and they deal with people getting their throats slit so there is no problem with the rating. Its just the content. They have the target market where the money will be spent and they cater a product for that audience. Only thing that matters to them at the moment is profit and they are still massively profitable. (even with attendances and PPV buys dropping) merchendise like title belts, action figures etc.. is massively profitable.

So untill this changes the writers just need to keep throwing out anything to keep the kids watching. Occasionally they'll give the IWC a bone by pushing someone they like just to keep the interest. But WWE is spot on to aim for the kids market. Give it a few years when the current set of pre teens turn into teens and the product will grow with them like it did with us.

When i was young and needed the super hero - i had the ultimate warrior and hulk hogan
as i got older they changed into someone who i could be - Bret Hart, Shawn Micheals
as i got more mature the product did too - attitude era. Now i wont spend my money on wrestling merchendise so they go back for the next set. makes perfect sense.

3 Axxess events
Hogan VIP
Flair VIP
Wrestlecon session 1
Hall Of Fame Section 113 Row 11 Seat 1
Wrestlemania Section 140 Row 20 Seat 14.
Monday Night Raw Section 123 Row 16 seat 6
Gunner14 is offline   Reply With Quote