Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #8985 (permalink)
Flux
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Flux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a push
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

That 04/04/08 Taker/Kane match is all sorts of win. Seeing two 290+ pounders go hold for hold is definitely a treat and IIRC this was the time when Taker' started incorporating a lot more MMA-Based offence - His heel trips, armbars and I believe it was about then that he started using Hell's Gate? And obviously he's famous for his epic strikes. Anyway, it's definitely interesting to see Kane match Taker for a lot of it because it's very rare to see Kane doing that, but seeing him do it so well and so convincingly just backs up my claim that he is one of, if not THE, most versatile worker in WWE this millennium. Also I loved the Old-School thing that they both did fairly early in the match, can't remember that being done but it was a very nice touch.

The way the match eventually breaks down in to an all out slug fest, what you'd expect from these two, is great and most certainly makes sense due to the stalemate between the two with the catch as catch can style of wrestling in the beginning. Yeah the ending sucks a little bit, but it made sense. I would love to have seen a full match between the two following this formula, with a decisive winner. But none the less, it definitely is entertaining. Good find

Last edited by Flux : 11-17-2012 at 07:22 AM.