Wrestling Forum banner

Fancy Dress?

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  The Arseache Kid 
#1 ·
Does anyone else really not get the point of Fancy Dress?

I do not get the need to spend money in order to dress up and meet with other people who are dressed up, especially if you already know them. What exactly does this help with?

Am I the only person who can't see it?

#3 ·
Well, I'd rather show my respect by actually showing my respect, not through fancy unpractical costumes I'm supposed to wear. And if people are bothered by that and need me to run around in outfit #7, they don't really deserve said respect ;)

#4 ·
Yeah it's a general pain in the ass, but really no one is FORCING you to do it. It's just that you'll stand out like a sore thumb and probably receive negative criticism from others if you don't dress up.

I hate dressing up but I did for my sister's wedding because it was a major occasion with photos and everything and if I dressed like a normally do (goth/punk/metal), I know I'd NEVER hear the end of it. I decided one day of dress beats a lifetime of hearing about how I was a jerk for not doing it.

Now if it's not something major like say a siblings wedding then I say just dress however the fuck you want but depending on the event YMMV.

#7 ·
I've been to two fancy dress parties in the last few years. One was a superhero theme and I went as Sherlock Holmes because I already had a deerstalker and a tweed jacket (don't ask). The other was a 'come dressed as a song' party. I wore combats and my camo jacket, pinned seven different flags to my sleeves and went as Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes.

You don't have to spend money, just use your imagination. People who go overboard with it usually end up looking like twats anyway.

And remember, you can always go as a psychopathic serial killer. THEY LOOK JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

#14 ·
Been to many pub crawls which had a fancy dress theme. Some of which were sports (done a few times, just chucked on my cricket whites and zinc'd up like a boss), if you could be in any other job what would you be (just chucked my lab coat on and had a toy stethoscope), a few rubics cube themes (basically dress in any crap clothes and you have to swap with other people and get a matching colour), spend less than $20 at st vinnies theme (basically $20 at the charity/thift shop for clothes), white t-shirt and marker pen theme (basically the goal is to get a lot of drunken comments on your shirt). Probably a few others i'm forgetting.

#15 ·
Its called JOINING IN THE FESTIVITIES

#17 ·
I'd like to punch the cunt that invented 'pub golf'.

The game's fine. The twats dressed up like bellends, crowding the bar and thinking they're mad because they downed a single vodka and red bull in three swigs are not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.