Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE

Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #119 (permalink)
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

GCB is an after thoughtGCB is an after thought
Default February 11, 2011: SMACKDOWN

Apologies for the delay for those of you who were reading. Hope you continue to read the show. The "Go Home" RAW shouldn't be too long before it follows.

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN LIVE
BRADLEY CENTER, MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 11TH, 2011

*** DO YOU KNOW THE ENEMY? ***

*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***

SMACKDOWN is back live and Mick Foley and Todd Grisham welcome the world to Milwaukee as they begin to hype up the main event for tonight – John Cena vs. an opponent from RAW chosen by Randy Orton. They remind us that Cena needs to beat Orton’s time of 14 minutes and 43 seconds from RAW this Monday after Orton was punished for his RKO to Michael Cole last week with a 10 minute penalty. If Cena can beat that time, he gets to choose the match type for their contest at the Elimination Chamber. Grisham and Foley also hype up the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber match – just nine days away now – which now has a complete line up following last week’s amazing SMACKDOWN show. CM Punk will be defending the World Championship against Big Show, Christian, Jeff Hardy, Kofi Kingston and The Undertaker after Christian and Undertaker qualified last week. Speaking of the World Champion ...

*** THIS FIRE BURNS ***
*** CM PUNK ***
World Heavyweight Champion

A very mixed reaction for the World Champion as he heads out onto the stage smirking and proudly displaying his World Championship which is fastened around his waist – he kneels down and looks at his wrists before yelling out his infamous catchphrase “It’s Clobberin’ Time!” and heading for the ring. It seems like there are currently more cheers than boos after Punk’s actions last week on SMACKDOWN – Grisham introduce a replay to remind us of these ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMACKDOWN, Last Friday
Quote:
SINGLES MATCH – ELIMINATION CHAMBER QUALIFIER (If Christian wins, he qualifies. If Christian loses, he is fired)
CHRISTIAN vs. JOHN CENA

Cena steps back and he beckons for Christian to get to his feet as he waits and waits behind him, stalking his prey, ready to strike. The crowd are screaming for Christian to realise what is coming but he groggily gets up to his knees with no sign that he is aware that Cena is waiting to pounce ...

MICHAEL COLE:
This is it, Punk. The end of your new best friend, Christian is out of here in just a few ... Wait, where are you going?

CM PUNK:
Do you think I’m going to stay sat here all night, Cole?

Punk winks at Cole and then throws his headset at him before he slides into the ring, dropping the World Championship on the way, and stands up in front of Christian as he gets up. The referee orders Punk to get back out of the ring whilst Cena looks at him and prepares for a fight. However, Punk does the one thing that nobody expects him to do – as Christian gets up to his feet, Punk clotheslines him and knocks him back down to the mat as everybody in the arena stares stunned at what they’ve just seen. Cena looks confused towards Punk who shrugs his shoulders and winks at Cena, the referee has no choice ...

** THE REFEREE SIGNALS FOR THE BELL TO DISQUALIFY JOHN CENA! **

WINNER:
CHRISTIAN (9:36) via disqualification
Punk leaves Christian and heads over to the ropes where he stands staring down at Cole and Cena who has exited the ring – he taps his head and laughs as it becomes clear what has happened here ...

TONY CHIMEL:
The winner of this match, as a result of a disqualification, and qualifying for the Elimination Chamber match ... CHRISTIAN!

Realising what CM Punk has just done, the WWE Universe cheer loudly whilst Cole and Cena look on in anger. Christian has qualified for the Elimination Chamber thanks to CM Punk! Cole looks stunned by this and he throws the headset down in temper before storming off around the ring and up the ramp. Cena looks on at Punk who now holds up the World Championship to mock Cena who shakes his head and begins to walk away. Punk laughs and then turns to Christian with the title still held high. Christian and Punk are speaking in the ring even though we can’t hear it. Clearly, Punk is telling him that he has gotten him a shot at the title, now he has chance to prove that he can win it. Christian nods his head and there is a look of respect between the pair of them as the camera follows them out of the ring ... Grisham and Foley laugh about the look on Michael Cole’s face when he stormed off at the end before Grisham hypes up our main event match tonight – a Buried Alive match between Kane and the Undertaker. Foley says it is too close to call and with the spot in the Chamber up for grabs, both of these men will pull out all the stops tonight to try and make sure that they get the victory that they need. Grisham throws out to a video outlining the issues between these two men in their WWE careers ...
The camera returns to the World Champion who is now stood in the ring looking happy as he watches the titantron replays from last week. Grisham informs us that SMACKDOWN General Manager is reported to be extremely upset with Punk’s actions and has vowed to get even with the man from Chicago at the first opportunity he gets ...

CM PUNK:
Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight, I stand before you as a very happy man. As you just saw, last week on SMACKDOWN, I found a way to out-smart Michael Cole and Christian, a man who pushed me to the limit at the Royal Rumble and a man who has earned my respect, duly qualified for the Elimination Chamber. In nine days time, I defend this title ... (Punk unfastens the World Championship and holds it high) ... against Christian and four other men inside the demonic Elimination Chamber ...

A pop for Punk’s words, his words are appreciated tonight ...

CM PUNK:
There are many people who I’ve spoken to in the last week who, quite frankly, think I’m nuts. They think that I’ve lost my mind. I’ve been asked over and over – Why do you want Christian, a legitimate threat and a guy you struggled to overcome at the Rumble, why do you want him in the Chamber? Why are you so happy to be defending your title in such monstrous circumstances?

Punk looks around the arena, sure that many in attendance will be thinking the same questions, and he smiles ...

CM PUNK:
I’ve answered each and every one of these people in the same way – I am simply the ‘Best in the World’ and I am going to prove it in nine days time at the Elimination Chamber and then I prove it once and for all on the ‘Grandest Stage of them all’ at WrestleMania 27.

Cheers for this although some boos are mixed in still ...

CM PUNK:
So, when I face Christian in nine days, don’t expect an alliance between us. I don’t ... (Punk uses air quotes) ... “like” Christian but I do ... respect Christian. That won’t help in at the Chamber though, it will be his downfall, I will be determined to beat him and prove that his stubborn, courageous resilience at the Rumble was a one off, a fluke, something for me to overcome – and I will overcome it.

Just like that, Punk has switched back to being a heel and some boos follow ...

CM PUNK:
I will overcome Christian, I will overcome Kofi Kingston, I will overcome Big Show ...

Punk smirks before his next one ...

CM PUNK:
As I have done before, I will definitely overcome Jeff Hardy!

Heat for Punk here as the WWE Universe remember the circumstances around Hardy’s last exit from the WWE ...

CM PUNK:
And I know I will overcome the Deadman, the Phenom of the WWE ... I will overcome The Undertaker!

Pop for the mention of the legendary Taker ...

CM PUNK:
I will beat all five of them, respect or no respect, I will still be your World Champion, I will still be Michael Cole’s World Champion and I will go to WrestleMania 27 and face John Cena and I will prove to him and all of you that I am ... the ‘Best ... in the World’

The mixed reactions continue for Punk – the WWE Universe don’t know whether to cheer him or jeer him. As Punk looks serious after his big claims, the titantron flashes and here comes the man who Punk could be facing in two months time at WrestleMania 27 ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***
*** JOHN CENA ***
Royal Rumble 2011 Winner

CM PUNK:
Oh great!

Punk looks annoyed as Cena, dressed in jean shorts and a custom black t-shirt declaring that nobody can see him, heads for the ring, waving his hand over his face to the WWE Universe as they give him grief. Cena slides into the ring and grabs a microphone before he waves a finger to signal for his music to be cut ...

CM PUNK:
Well, well, well, what a surprise! John Cena is out here, ladies and gentlemen!

JOHN CENA:
Quit trying to be funny, Punk, it ain’t working, man. I’ve been getting ready for my match later tonight backstage and I had no intention of coming out here tonight to speak to you or these idiots here in Milwaukee ...

Heat for Cena as he insults the Milwaukee crowd here ...

JOHN CENA:
... But then, Punk, then I heard you mouthing off as usual. You’re claiming to be the ... (Air quotes from Cena) ... “Best in the World” ... but the way I see it, Punk, you’re a long way from proving that. If you think that you’re just going to beat five other men in the Elimination Chamber and then walk into my WrestleMania main event and beat me, well, you’ve got a lot of confidence but it is all mis-placed.

Punk gives Cena a quizzical look and then leans back against the ropes, his hand waving across the ring, inviting him to continue taking the centre stage. Cena says a couple of words to Punk off microphone before continuing ...

JOHN CENA:
You see, Punk, it goes like this. I don’t think you’ll be the World Champion by WrestleMania. You have got to face five other men but if by some miracle, if by some way or means, you can retain that title in the Chamber, then you’ve got to face me at WrestleMania. (Punk shrugs his shoulders at Cena) And Punk, if that happens, you’ve got ... no chance.

CM PUNK:
Is that a fact?

JOHN CENA:
It is, Punk. You can’t beat me at WrestleMania. You wanna know why?

Punk smirks at Cena and mouths “Go ahead” to the Royal Rumble winner ...

JOHN CENA:
Because you’ve upset the wrong people, Punk. You claim that you don’t care what these people think of you, you claim that you don’t care what the locker room thinks of you, you claim that you don’t care what Michael Cole thinks of you. Last week, Punk, you interfered in my match with Christian and you deliberately went against the General Manager’s orders, you allowed Christian to qualify for the Elimination Chamber. Now tell me, Punk, how do you think Michael Cole feels about that?

Punk clearly doesn’t care a jot about what Cole thinks but Cena presses on with it ...

JOHN CENA:
Do you honestly believe that Michael Cole is going to allow you to retain that title, Punk?

Punk looks a little concerned over this comment but he shakes his head at Cena ready to speak when ...

*** JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES ***
*** CHRISTIAN ***

Punk and Cena turn to face Christian as he heads out to the ring looking around the Bradley Arena for his Peeps – there are a lot of them here in Milwaukee tonight. As he steps up the ring steps, Christian has a smile on his face, he is clearly delighted that he is in the Elimination Chamber match for the World Championship a week on Sunday. The Canadian enters the ring and nods his head in the direction of CM Punk before scowling at Cena as he collects a microphone.

CHRISTIAN:
I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation, guys. I’m out here to tell you both that ... you’re right. CM Punk, you’re right. You’re nuts. You made sure that I got my place in the Elimination Chamber – even though I proved at the Royal Rumble that I am more than a match for you. And while I respect you for that, while I thank you for that, I think you’ve made a huge mistake. You see, you have the one thing in the world that I would do anything to get my hands on ... (Christian points to the title belt in Punk’s right hand) ... The World Heavyweight Championship. CM Punk, you are, as you said earlier ... nuts.

Punk shakes his head at Christian and chuckles to himself as Christian turns towards Cena with a glint in his eye ...

CHRISTIAN:
As for you, Cena. You’re right too. Much as I know CM Punk doesn’t like to hear it, he will not walk out of WrestleMania 27 as the World Champion. In fact, he won’t even walk into WrestleMania 27 as the World Heavyweight Champion ... I will. If I’ve always dreamed of holding the World Heavyweight Championship, my wildest dreams have been about holding the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania. Cena, I cannot wait to face you one on one at ...

CM PUNK:
Hold it, hold it! (Punk doesn’t look impressed with Christian’s comments) Did I hear you right, Christian? You really believe that you’re going to win the World Heavyweight Championship in nine days time?

Christian nods his head as CM Punk looks him in the eyes.

CM PUNK:
Christian, you’re only in the World Championship match at the Chamber because of me. You’re only going to be in the Chamber because I want to prove to the world that I can beat you, 1, 2, 3! Christian, you will not be leaving the Elimination Chamber as World Champion. You will not be going to WrestleMania as the World Champion. Christian, I don’t like to be the one to break this to you but ... You will never ever be World Champion.

Christian’s look intensifies as he takes a step towards Punk, the World Champion stands face to face with him and tension fills the air as they stare into each other’s eyes ready to go right now. However, it doesn’t happen, Cena walks over and waves at the pair of them ...

JOHN CENA:
Boys, stop fighting! It isn’t worth it. It doesn’t matter whether it’s CM Punk or Christian who comes out of the Elimination Chamber with the World Heavyweight Championship. What matters is that when Elimination Chamber is over, I will have destroyed Randy Orton, I will head to WrestleMania and I will win the World Championship – whoever the champion is.

*** S.O.S ***
*** KOFI KINGSTON ***

A huge pop for the Ghanaian, Kofi Kingston, as he bounds out onto the stage and all three men in the ring turn their attention towards him. Kingston jumps down onto the ramp and green and yellow pyro explodes behind him as he makes his way towards the ring and climbs the corner buckles to salute the fans quickly before grabbing a microphone of his own ...

KOFI KINGSTON:
Do you know what, guys? I think that all three of you are disrespecting me! (Kofi points to himself) It seems to me that the three of you seem to be forgetting that it isn’t just about you guys, there are four other people with a shot of leaving WrestleMania 27 as the World Champion. Now I don’t speak for Jeff Hardy, I don’t speak for The Undertaker and I definitely don’t speak for the Big Show but with all the talk about respect out here, I would have thought that you would have had more respect for the four of us.

Christian backs away from Punk a little more and kind of holds his hand up in apology to Kingston – it isn’t reciprocated by CM Punk or Cena however ...

KOFI KINGSTON:
In nine days time, God willing, I will give everything I have to find a way to win that World Championship and head to WrestleMania for the main event ...

*** CRANK IT UP ***
*** BIG SHOW ***

Out strides Big Show, a look of determined rage in his eyes, he looks ready to cause some damage on SMACKDOWN tonight and beyond. As he heads for the ring, Kofi’s mood changes and he gets ready to protect himself if the need arises ... Big Show steps over the top rope but he only stares at Kingston. He reaches over and snatches the microphone from Christian before turning to address Kingston ...

BIG SHOW:
The time for talking is over, Kofi. Tonight, I am going to beat you so badly that you won’t make it to the Elimination Chamber match, Punk, Christian, I am going to destroy you inside the Chamber and then ... (Show turns towards Cena) ... well, Cena, let us just say I owe you a little bit, shall we? At the end of WrestleMania, the era of Big Show dominance will finally be here, the Giant will finally be on top.

Large boos for the words of Big Show as he starts to talk trash towards Kofi, Punk, Christian and Cena – all five men are getting in each other’s faces now and nobody is using their microphone now. As it threatens to turn ugly, the sound of the SMACKDOWN General Manager echoes through the arena ...

MICHAEL COLE:
That’s enough, that is enough. (Cole strides towards the ring wearing a suit and a blue tie and looking determined) ... This is how things begin when I don’t start SMACKDOWN with my usual address?

Boos for Michael Cole as he enters the ring shaking his head.

MICHAEL COLE:
As you’ve mentioned, once or twice, the Elimination Chamber pay per view is just nine days away now. Rightly, you’re all excited about your opportunities for the Chamber but you need to focus on tonight, you need to focus on SMACKDOWN because tonight we’ve got a number of high profile matches and you will all need to be on top of your game tonight. Yet again, I am out to prove that SMACKDOWN is the A-show here in the WWE and I have organised matches to prove this.

Cole looks full of self-importance as he stands central in the ring and looks around at all five men in the ring with a look of power in his eyes ...

MICHAEL COLE:
As I announced on RAW last Monday, I have made a match tonight between two of the participants in the Chamber already. Tonight, Kofi Kingston goes one on one ... with the Big Show. (Cheers from the WWE Universe) In addition to this, John Cena, well you have your match against a surprise opponent with the time of 14 minutes and 43 seconds to beat.

Cena asks whether Cole knows who is opponent will be but Cole shakes his head ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Sorry, John, no idea yet. (Cole turns away and faces Christian) Christian ... tonight, you will also go one on one with another of the Elimination Chamber participants ... (Christian glances sideways towards the World Champion, CM Punk) ... It will be Christian, one on one with ...

Cole pauses as he milks the announcement for a minute ...

MICHAEL COLE:
... with The Undertaker!

Huge cheers and astonishment around the arena – Christian vs. The Undertaker here on SMACKDOWN tonight! Christian looks a little shell-shocked at the idea that he will face the Deadman but he steels himself and nods his head ... Cole moves on and speaks to CM Punk next ...

CM PUNK:
Which, let me guess, leaves me against ... Hmmm, who could it be? Could it be ... Jeff Hardy?

Punk mocks Cole but the General Manager looks Punk dead in the eye and smirks. He then shakes his head ...

MICHAEL COLE:
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy? Really? I don’t think so! You see, Punk, I have other plans for Jeff Hardy tonight – he will team with his brother, the man he beat last week, Matt Hardy ... and they will challenge the British Empire for the Tag Team Championships!

Huge cheers from the WWE Universe as they love this announcement from Cole ...

MICHAEL COLE:
You, on the other hand, Punk. You disrespected me last week ... And you’re going to pay for it. (Punk glares at Cole as the crowd boo this comment) Tonight, Punk, you will go up against Team Angle ... That’s right!

Punk seems to be unconcerned over facing the WWE’s newest tag team despite their impressive victory over Triple H on RAW last week ...

MICHAEL COLE:
It will be World Champion CM Punk ... up against ... Percy Watson ... Joe Hennig ...

Pause from Cole as he thinks for a moment ...

MICHAEL COLE:
... And Kurt Angle!

Cole walks over towards the ropes before he stops and looks back ...

MICHAEL COLE:
And that match is next, Punk!

Punk looks outraged as he continues to glare at Cole – however, the SMACKDOWN General Manager is looking happy now that he has got revenge on CM Punk over last week. Cena smirks as he passes Punk and joins Cole as he heads back up the ramp out of the arena to a load of jeers and boos. In the ring, Punk, Kofi, Christian and Show look around at each other as SMACKDOWN heads into its first commercial break of the evening ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with CM Punk now alone in the ring waiting for his opponents tonight. A quick replay of Cole announcing Punk’s match is played before the RAW trio begin to make their way down towards the ring ...

*** MEDAL ***
*** TEAM ANGLE ***
Kurt Angle, Joe Hennig & Percy Watson

As Kurt Angle leads out his new team, Team Angle 2, towards the ring, Grisham and Foley update us on why the RAW team are here tonight – Cole has been planning this since Monday on RAW and he invited Angle, Hennig and Watson here tonight with revenge on Punk in mind after seeing what they did to Triple H. Red, white and blue pyro explodes as Kurt heads for the ring with the younger Hennig and Watson following behind, they head into the ring and prepare whilst staring towards a vulnerable looking Punk in the opposite corner. The referee signals for the bell and the Handicap Match is under way ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match #1
1 vs. 3 HANDICAP MATCH
CM PUNK vs. KURT ANGLE, JOE HENNIG & PERCY WATSON

Punk hesitantly comes forwards to meet Team Angle who spread out, Kurt flanked by Hennig and Watson either side of him. Punk looks around at the three of them, waiting for the attack, paranoid over where it will come from – then it seems as if Punk decides to just go for it and he launches towards Angle and starts hammering away with forearms that stagger the Olympian backwards. However, Hennig and Watson are immediately on Punk’s back and they hammer away on him and drag him away from Angle instead. Punk makes space and then hits a high kick to the face of Hennig that staggers him before he whips Watson to the corner and follows in with a High Knee. The crowd are behind Punk here as he looks to Bulldog Watson down to the mat but Kurt Angle now prevents this as he attacks Punk from behind. Angle drags Punk away and then steps back and clotheslines the World Champion up and over the top rope to the floor outside. Team Angle mock the WWE Universe for a moment but then as Hennig and Watson come out for Punk, he suddenly lifts a steel chair from under the ring and rams Hennig hard in the gut with it before wheeling round and smashing it across the back of Percy Watson. The referee signals for the bell immediately and Punk smirks as he slides back into the ring towards Angle ...

** CM PUNK HAS BEEN DISQUALIFIED! **

WINNER:
TEAM ANGLE (1:04) via disqualification
Punk advances on Kurt Angle who decides to haul his ass out of the ring rather than take a shot from Punk as well –Hennig and Watson stumble round to him and back away up the ramp with him. Tony Chimel announces the result to boos but Punk – now reunited with the World Championship belt – holds the steel chair and dares them to come back. As the camera focuses on Punk, he taps his head with his finger as if to tell everybody that he had out-thought Cole once more tonight. Team Angle leave the arena and CM Punk survives ... for now!

The camera switches back to the locker room where we see another one of the Elimination Chamber participants, Jeff Hardy, getting ready for his match tonight. Grisham and Foley remind us of his win over Matt Hardy last week and the chair shot from Matt that he took after the match was over. He has a look of anger on his face as he finishes lacing up his boots and then we see Matt Hardy behind him, warily approaching him ...

MATT HARDY:
Jeff?

Jeff freezes and then lifts his head up and slowly turns around to look at his brother who attacked him last week. His eyes narrow as he looks to Matt and waits for him to say something ...

MATT HARDY:
Jeff, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what ... I ... I don’t know why ... Jeff, I don’t ... Jeff, I’m sorry.

Jeff laughs out loud a little and shakes his head, the apology has clearly not worked for him ...

JEFF HARDY:
You’re sorry? You’re sorry, Matt? That makes it OK does it?

MATT HARDY:
Jeff, I don’t know why I did what I did. Watch the video back, Jeff, I regretted it the moment I had done it.

Jeff looks down, he is clearly disappointed in his older brother.

JEFF HARDY:
Matt, when I came back a few weeks ago, I told you why I was here. I was here to look out for you, I was here to team up with you and live our dream one more time. If I’d known the World Championship opportunity meant that much to you, Matt, you could have had it. All those damn words about living our dream ...

MATT HARDY:
I know, Jeff, I know. I can’t explain it. It just eats away at me inside. You’re my little brother, you’ve had the WWE Championship, I am just so desperate to be the World Champion, I’d do anything. I need you, Jeff, I need you to keep my mind focused on why I became a wrestler ...

Jeff shakes his head and slams down his t-shirt with a look of annoyance ...

JEFF HARDY:
Matt, I know it must kill you inside to have never won one of the big titles here, I know that. But that’s what it has become all about, Matt. You need to relax and enjoy wrestling for the WWE again, the title will come if you chill and you stop stressing out, man.

Matt looks down in embarrassment as the crowd remain quiet and watching intently at the titantron ...

MATT HARDY:
You’re right, Jeff, I know that. That’s why, tonight, it isn’t about winning the Tag Team Championships, it is about Matt and Jeff taking the WWE by storm one more time, about the Hardy Boys ruling SMACKDOWN one more night, it is all about showing Empire who the greatest Tag Team of all time are, man. I need you.

Jeff grimaces as he looks towards his brother ...

JEFF HARDY:
I know you do, Matt. I know.

Jeff reaches out and the Hardy Boys embrace, Jeff accepting the apology ...

MATT HARDY:
Now let’s get out there and kick those sorry British asses!

JEFF HARDY:
Let’d do it!

Reunited, the Hardys exit the locker room and head out into the backstage area as SMACKDOWN fades away into a break ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns and Tony Chimel announces that the following match is for the Tag Team Championships to a big pop in the arena. That pop continues as the music of the challengers roars into life in the arena ...

*** LOADED ***
*** HARDY BOYS ***
Jeff & Matt Hardy

A huge pop from the crowd in attendance tonight as the ever popular Brothers Hardy appear on the stage – still a little bit of tension clearly in the air – and start to head towards the ring. Running down the ramp, both Hardys slide under the bottom rope and they leap up onto the corner ropes to salute the crowd as Grisham and Foley speculate over last week and how it will impact on their teamwork tonight. Foley suggests that it is all about Jeff – if he has truly forgiven Matt, there will be no trouble; on the other hand, if something is lingering, that could be a problem. In the ring, Matt holds out his fists towards Jeff looking for the fistpump but Jeff hesitates at first – it is clear that something is still lingering somewhere inside Jeff. However, he eventually does touch fists with Matt and they turn to await their opponents and the Tag Team Champions ...

*** RULE BRITANNIA ***
*** BRITISH EMPIRE ***
*** WILLIAM REGAL & MASON RYAN ***

(w/ Finlay) | Tag Team Champions

With Finlay waving the Union Jack high and proud, the Empire walk out with the Tag Team Championship belts gleaming around their waists as they head towards the ring. However, there is a look of concern on the face of William Regal and the Empire don’t have their usual bravado as they approach the ring. Grisham introduces a video clip from SMACKDOWN a fortnight previous that shows the Hardy Boys victorious over the Empire in a non-title match and suggests this could be the reason for the concerned look of Regal. As they enter the ring, a ‘U.S.A’ chant from the crowd hardly helps Regal and Ryan to settle as they hand over the title belts to the referee, what a chance here for the Hardys to regain the Tag Team gold that they last held almost a decade ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match #2
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
BRITISH EMPIRE (w/Finlay) (c) vs. HARDY BOYS

Much to the delight of the crowd, the Hardys start out the quicker and they catch the Empire off guard as they work perfectly as a team to isolate Regal and it’s like the clock has been rewound to a decade previous. Quick tags between Matt and Jeff hide the issues that they have had between them this week and Regal is being made to pay for it as a snarling Mason Ryan walks back and forth on the ring apron. Even Finlay is unable to catch the Hardys off guard as his leap onto the apron is met with a clothesline from Matt that knocks him down to the floor and onto his ass. Regal is desperate to get across the ring to make the tag but he is unable to do so until Ryan comes into the ring to break a pinfall attempt from Matt, draws the attention of Matt and the referee and allows Regal to regain his senses and then poke Matt Hardy in the eye to buy some time. As Hardy clutches his eye, Regal makes the tag and in comes the wrecking machine, Mason Ryan. He uses his power to bully Matt now and it is time for isolation of one of the Hardys instead.

And so begins the punishment for Matt. Ryan and Regal take turns to have a go with Matt, Regal hitting suplexes and stretches, Ryan hitting power moves that would weaken any WWE superstar. However, despite the beating, Matt isn’t for losing and they cannot find a way to keep him down on the mat for 3. A big boot from Mason Ryan fails when Matt gets his foot on the ropes; A Regal Stretch fails when Hardy manages to get to the ropes again. When Regal pulls out some brass knucks in desperation, Jeff Hardy comes in and knocks them out of his hands before pounding away at him instead. It appears to be the break the Hardys need until the referee ushers Jeff out and Mason Ryan comes in and drags Matt back to their corner and hits a powerslam to give Regal time to recover. With Matt struggling to make a comeback and struggling to make a tag, the crowd lose enthusiasm until Matt does find a way when he catches Regal with the Side Effect out of nowhere. With both men down, the crowd sense a real chance here and they encourage Matt as he slides across the ring towards Jeff’s outstretched hand. Mason Ryan illegally enters the ring at just the right moment though, he kicks at Matt and the referee gets in his path and shoos him away. Matt makes the tag to Jeff but the referee doesn’t see it and when Jeff comes in after Regal, he tells Jeff to leave the ring as well to the annoyance of the crowd. As Jeff protests, Regal grabs Matt and hits a German Suplex and holds for the pin ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Kick out from Matt! Regal manages to tag in Ryan though, the ref sees this one and we’re back to Matt being in trouble.

Mason drags Matt to his feet and drives a couple of right hands into him before whipping him towards the ropes. Going for a clothesline to the running Hardy, Ryan misses when Matt ducks it and continues into the ropes, Ryan swings again as he comes back but Hardy ducks under again, it looks as if Hardy will counter here. Right hands from Matt Hardy! Matt is fightin back as he comes over to the ropes again ... BAM! Finlay jabs the flagpole through the ropes and Matt’s momentum is stopped, the referee never saw it, Matt crumples over clutching his back where the flag hit him and drops to his knees in pain. An incensed Jeff Hardy rushes across the apron and dives off the ring towards Finlay, catching him with a forearm across the face as revenge. Jeff takes down Finlay but rolls into the announce table himself, a slight wince of pain from Jeff and he is slow to get back up. As he is down though, Matt reaches out for a tag but Jeff is not there. Matt looks around for his brother and sees him getting up off the floor and he shouts down to him, questioning Jeff’s position, as Ryan sneaks up behind him. Jeff tries to warn Matt but it is too late, Ryan spins him round, kicks him in the gut ... POWERBOMB! MASON RYAN CATCHES MATT HARDY WITH THE POWERBOMB! Mason Ryan makes the cover as Jeff tries to get into the ring to save Matt, however, Regal is there on the outside too and he grabs Jeff’s foot and prevents him making the save ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
BRITISH EMPIRE (7:54) via pinfall
A frustrated Jeff pounds the mat in frustration and then turns to unleash a barrage of right hands to Regal who covers up and defends himself. Finlay sneaks up on Jeff and shoves him hard into the ring steps before grabbing the title belts and ushering Regal around the ring to the ramp where Mason Ryan meets them. Regal and Ryan lift the titles up high as the referee raises their hands, big title defence here for the Tag Team Champions as they defeat one of the greatest tag teams of all time. As the camera watches the Empire leave the ring, SMACKDOWN heads into a commercial by focusing on their delighted faces ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with some replays of the aftermath of the last match between the British Empire and the Hardy Boys. As we see the Empire turn and leave the arena with their title belts safe, attention turns to the disappointed look on the face of Matt Hardy as he looks to his brother, Jeff. He asks him where he was and says he should have been there for the tag, Jeff tries to explain but Matt decides to leave without listening to him. Back to the present, the camera switches backstage where we see an angry Matt Hardy in the locker room, still sweating and breathing heavy, slamming things into his bag, a look of fury in his eyes. Matt Striker is the man who gets to him first ...

MATT STRIKER:
Matt ... Matt ... Quick word? What happened out there?

Hardy spins around, still looking angry, as he goes to answer in a loud voice ...

MATT HARDY:
What happened? Didn’t you see it? I took a hell of a beating, took it for the team, took it for the family – yet when I finally get chance to make a tag, my brother, my partner, he isn’t there! Why not? Where was Jeff? Huh?

Striker shrugs his shoulders but then Matt’s gaze turns towards the entrance to the locker room as Jeff walks into it and protests his innocence ...

JEFF HARDY:
Man, calm down, I was there for you, I just ...

MATT HARDY:
Save it, Jeff! I know what you’re going to say, you were going after Finlay, I know. (Jeff nods) Finlay wasn’t in the ring though was he? Finlay wasn’t our opponent, was he?

Jeff opens his mouth to argue back but again, Matt cuts him off ...

MATT HARDY:
You know, Jeff, I understand, I understand it clearly now. I know why you’re back here in the WWE, back here on SMACKDOWN ... It’s not for me, is it? You’re not back here to wrestle as the Hardy Boys no more, that’s obvious to me. All you’ve said of late about this being our dream, about this being what we’ve always wanted to do ... It’s all fake isn’t it?

Jeff looks horrified at the claims of his brother and again he tries to speak but is cut off ...

MATT HARDY:
You don’t care about me, you never have. You’ve got your place in the Elimination Chamber, you’re set for the chance to win the World Championship, what the hell do the Tag Team Championships matter to you? Nothing!

Matt raises his voice further as Jeff looks on stunned ...

MATT HARDY:
I’m here on SMACKDOWN, I have been for months now, fighting for a chance, giving it everything and getting nowhere. You coming back here, I thought it would be just like old times but ... No. It isn’t. You’re still the same Jeff Hardy, the egotistical, self centred Jeff Hardy ...

JEFF HARDY:
That’s just not true, Matt. I told you earlier, if the World Championship means that much to you, then you can ...

MATT HARDY:
Oh, give it a rest, Jeff. I know your priorities now, just go to the Chamber, do your thing and stop worrying about me.

Matt is silenced by the appearance of SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole in the locker room.

JEFF HARDY:
Just what we need, what the hell do you want, Cole?

Michael Cole looks at Jeff with a incredulous look on his face ...

MICHAEL COLE:
I’m the General Manager of SMACKDOWN, Jeff, don’t forget that.

Jeff storms out of the locker room shaking his head, he is clearly frustrated over what is happening here tonight ... Meanwhile, Cole turns to Matt Hardy who looks at him with a glare. Cole smirks at Matt and then raises his hand and gives him the thumbs up. Matt looks confused for a second ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Good work, Matt. Like I said last week, this is a Matt Hardy I can work with ...

Cole spins around and leaves the locker room as Matt looks on frustrated still, the crowd not sounding impressed outside, his dream of being Tag Team Champion shattered here tonight. The camera returns to the ring where Grisham and Foley discuss the situation, Foley says that Matt needs to look back at the tape and re-think his words here tonight ...

*** REALEZA ***
*** ALBERTO DEL RIO ***
(w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) | Intercontinental Champion

As Del Rio heads out to the ring, Rodriguez introducing him in Spanish, Grisham directs attention towards him and reminds us of the issues between Del Rio and his fellow Mexican, Rey Mysterio. Del Rio enters the ring and shakes his white scarf around before holding his Intercontinental Championship up for all to see before he turns to wait for his opponent tonight ...

*** RADIO ***
*** ZACK RYDER ***

Long Island Iced Z himself comes out to a decent ovation, he is getting more and more over with the crowd who are sympathising with his plight of late after the betrayal of his former partner, Curt Hawkins, who, along with his new partner Jack Swagger, have made Ryder’s life hell over the last few weeks. With a Flip video recorder in his hand, Ryder heads to the ring greeting the fans enthusiastically before stepping into the ring, the red light on his camera showing that he is recording this live for his YouTube show. As Ryder salutes the fans though, Del Rio, not waiting for Ryder to stop filming, rushes over and attacks him, the referee signals for the bell and then removes the camera to the outside – maybe the footage will appear on YouTube later this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match #3
SINGLES MATCH
ALBERTO DEL RIO (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) vs. ZACK RYDER

To be honest, Ryder’s opportunities here are limited as he is fed to Del Rio – the Mexican making short work on the Long Island Iced Z who has work to do in the ring if he is to make it here in the WWE. Despite hitting the Broski Boot to Del Rio early on as he mounts a comeback from the early attack, he is unable to connect with the Rough Ryder and Del Rio makes him pay by dominating him for the rest of the match. Ryder makes one more comeback and again goes for the Rough Ryder but the Intercontinental Champion ducks it, catches Ryder off guard, rolls him over and locks in his feared submission hold – DEL RIO LOCKS IN THE CROSS ARM BREAKER! Ryder tries to fight but there is little doubt over what is going to happen here ...

** TAP **
** TAP **
** TAP **

WINNER:
ALBERTO DEL RIO (3:54) via submission
The referee tells Del Rio to release Ryder but he refuses – for some reason, Del Rio has taken offence at Ryder! He keeps the Cross Arm Breaker locked on as Ryder taps out some more before finally releasing it when the referee threatens to reverse the result. As Del Rio steps back from Ryder, Curt Hawkins and Jack Swagger both roll into the ring and look to Del Rio with a grin on their faces. Del Rio stands in the corner and tells them to enjoy themselves ... Swagger grabs Ryder’s leg and here it comes ... ANKLE LOCK! SWAGGER HAS THE ANKLE LOCK ON RYDER! Zack writhes in pain, tapping some more, Hawkins goes to the top rope as Swagger continues to keep the hold locked on ... HEAT SEEKING ELBOW! HAWKINS DROPS THE ELBOW INTO RYDER’S BACK! The crowd are jeering as Swagger continues to keep the Ankle Lock on, he is trying to severely injure Ryder here and Hawkins goes to the top rope again ... Del Rio looks on with a smile as he lays a few boots to the head of Ryder, punishing him, taunting him over the fact he thought he could come out here and face him tonight as an equal. Suddenly, the rescue mission is here ...

*** BOOYAKA, BOOYAKA ... 619! ***
*** REY MYSTERIO ***

The ‘Master of the 619’ comes flying out of the backstage area in his mask and runs down towards the ring where Hawkins, Swagger and Del Rio decide to take their leave and vanish from the ring. Mysterio slides under the bottom rope and consoles Ryder who is in pain still whilst he stares out towards Del Rio who is looking smug as he backs up the ramp with Ricardo carrying his Intercontinental Title belt. As Del Rio taunts Rey, Mysterio leaves Ryder for a moment and grabs a microphone.

REY MYSTERIO:
Keep running, Del Rio! That’s not a problem to me, no more, you see, I have some news for you. In nine days, at the Elimination Chamber, you are going to pay a heavy price, voy a tomar lo que es valioso para usted, I will take what is precious to you. You are going to face me for the Intercontinental Championship!

Upon hearing this news, Del Rio shakes his head in stunned disbelief, he clearly doesn’t want to defend the title against Rey but it appears he will have to! Ricardo tries to calm him down but to no avail, Mysterio, still knelt over Ryder, smirks as he looks out towards his rival. Grisham and Foley excitedly discuss the turn in events and Foley suggests that Mysterio is a real threat to the reign of Alberto Del Rio in nine days time as we head into another commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with Matt Striker stood in the interview pit looking slightly nervous as he waits ...

MATT STRIKER:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time ... the BIG SHOW!

Boos echo around the arena as the World’s Largest Athlete comes into view, a look of contemplation on his face as he awaits Striker’s question ...

MATT STRIKER:
Show, earlier tonight, you told the world that you were planning to win the World Championship in nine days time. Tonight, you face Kofi Kingston, a man who many people believe you can’t beat ... Your thoughts?

Striker wilts as Show glares down at him, he is clearly annoyed with the question ... Show reaches over and takes the microphone aggressively before shoving Striker aside ...

BIG SHOW:
Kofi Kingston might have you fooled Striker, he might have all of these Milwaukee idiots fooled and he might have everybody at home fooled but, Kofi, you don’t fool me. I see it. I see the fear in your eyes every time you see me. Sure, you’ve got a couple of cheap, fluke wins over me but now I’m a changed man. I’m the Giant of the WWE, I’m the World’s Largest Athlete, I am over seven feet tall and I have the single most devastating right hand in the business. And you know I have, don’t you, Kofi? After all, I’ve been knocking you flat on your ass left, right and centre lately. Tonight, nine days from the Elimination Chamber, I am going to make an example of you, Kofi. I am going to leave you out cold in the middle of that ring to send a message to the rest of them. The Giant has awoken ... be afraid.

Show slings the microphone back into the chest of Striker, looks at him with disdain and then exits the interview area. The camera switches to the locker room where Kofi is stood watching Show’s words on a monitor. Josh Mathews is there to speak to him as there are cheers from the WWE Universe watching outside ...

JOSH MATHEWS:
You just heard the thoughts of Big Show, Kofi. What is your reaction to that?

Kofi looks thoughtful for a second before answering ...

KOFI KINGSTON:
Josh, there is no doubt about it, man, Show is a huge obstacle in my path to becoming the World Champion. His right hand, he’s right, it’s a stinger for sure, I’ve been on the receiving end of it several times of late. But, Show, you seem to forget that however many times you connect with that right hand, I keep getting back up. Show, have you noticed that you can’t keep me down? You can’t keep me down for 3 in the ring and you can’t keep me down outside the ring, I keep getting up and I keep coming back. (Quote marks signalled by Kofi, the quotes are popular tonight!) ... The Giant may have ‘awoke’ as you say, Show ... But don’t you forget that even giants can have ... Trouble in Paradise.

Cheesy end from Kingston as he walks away to prepare further whilst the camera returns to ringside ready for the battle between the two of them ...

*** CRANK IT UP ***
*** BIG SHOW ***

As Big Show heads out looking menacing as usual, Grisham brings us some exciting news from Twitter and the account of the SMACKDOWN General Manager, Michael Cole. Next week, on SMACKDOWN, Cole has arranged for a Tag Team match between Curt Hawkins and Jack Swagger, they will face off against the team of Rey Mysterio and Zack Ryder. Foley agrees that that match will be interesting but then he suggests we have an even more interesting match to come right here, right now. Replays of Big Show being taunted on RAW by Kofi last Monday are shown before we see Show’s WMD Punch to Kofi that caused his defeat to Miz. As we return to the ring from the footage, Show looks ready to destroy Kofi here tonight ...

*** S.O.S ***
*** KOFI KINGSTON ***

An excited Kofi Kingston heads out into the arena and the stage explodes in green and yellow. As he bounds down the ramp, Kofi looks pumped up and ready – after months of being so close to the World Championship, Grisham asks, can Kofi finally make that last jump to superstardom next Sunday in the Chamber? Foley says that Kingston is so close to it and that next Sunday could be his moment to shine – however, he has a huge barrier to overcome tonight first, Big Show has shown he isn’t to be messed with lately. As Kofi leaps up onto the ropes to salute the fans, Foley says he thinks Kofi is a future World Champion but he doesn’t see it happening next Sunday night while Show is in his path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match #4
SINGLES MATCH
BIG SHOW vs. KOFI KINGSTON

These two have built quite the rivalry of late and go at each other immediately from the bell looking to get the advantage. The speed and agility of the Ghanaian mean that he is able to avoid the powerful right hands of Show and he launches a series of kicks and to the waist and thighs of the big man that stagger him back. Show manages to shove Kofi away as if he were swotting a fly and sends him clattering through the ropes to the outside with ease. The referee demands that Show stays in the ring but he heads out anyway and stalks after Kofi and grabs him by the back of the neck. Kofi is rammed shoulder first into the barricades as the ill feeling between the two of them begins to show. As the referee counts the pair of them out, Show climbs the steps and over the top rope to break the count. Kofi manages to re-enter at 7 and the match continues. Again, Kofi looks to hit a number of kicks and he manages to stagger Big Show again before he hits the ropes and leaps into a clothesline. A second clothesline follows as Kofi looks to take Show down, a third could do the trick ... No! Big Show shoulder blocks Kofi and he bounces off him and crashes down on the mat as Show looks down on him. As Kofi gets back up, Show grabs him by the throat and lifts him for the Choke Slam, Kofi manages to jump clear though and he bounces back up to connect with a drop kick to the mammoth chest of Show who drops to his knees. Kofi climbs to the top rope quickly, he leaps off as Show turns towards him, Diving Crossbody ... Show catches Kofi in mid-air and repositions him ... Fallaway Slam! Kofi bounces off the mat and out of the ring again as Grisham questions whether or not he can recover from this?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

When SMACKDOWN returns, Big Show is now in complete charge of the match and he is dominating Kofi who is struggling. We have several minutes of this with Kingston trying to feed off the chants from the crowd but he is unable to get back into the match although Show cannot put him down once and for all. Things turn more serious when Show pulls down his strap and clenches up his fist after hitting a shoulder block to a countering Kofi, it appears to be time for the WMD. Show pulls back and waits as Kofi looks to be walking straight into it but at the last second, Kofi ducks it ... BAM! Show’s right hand crashes into the face of the referee instead and he is knocked completely cold to the dismay of the crowd who wince for the referee. Show looks down at the ref in anger at missing but then he is caught by Kofi who leaps onto his shoulders and begins pummelling away at his face, the crowd roaring him on. Show manages to shove Kofi down to the mat but he is shaken and this gives Kofi his chance. As Show staggers from his knee, Kofi spins around and looks to end the match but Show ducks the Trouble in Paradise, spins with a degree of agility, catches Kofi by the throat ... CHOKE SLAM! SHOW HITS THE CHOKE SLAM TO KOFI! As Show covers Kofi for the pin, another referee comes sprinting towards the ring down the ramp ready to make the count ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** KOFI KICKS OUT! **

The delay of the official obviously cost Show the win there and he looks agitated as he threatens the referee who has come down. A anguished cry from Show follows and he steps over the top rope and looks under the ring before tossing two steel chairs up and into the ring. The referee waves his arms as Show comes back in and looks set to waffle Kofi with one of them right now. Show is waiting for Kofi to get up, chair in his hands, ready to strike ... but the referee rescues Kofi and catches the chair and pulls it away from an unsuspecting Show as he raises it. Show looks furious now and he intimidates the official who looks scared for his life here. Show advances on the ref and forces him back to the corner before grabbing him by the throat with both his massive hands. Show lifts the referee up into the air and looks to set up a Military Press, threatening to throw the referee over the top rope and out of the ring. However, Kofi picks up the other steel chair and rescues the referee ... BAM! STEEL CHAIR TO THE BACK OF BIG SHOW! Kofi steps back and waits for Show to turn round before jamming the chair into his gut next. BAM! Show clutches his stomach and chest and falls to a knee as Kofi throws the chair away. The referee missed the shots from Kofi with the chair, Kofi waits ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE! KOFI CONNECTS! Kofi makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
KOFI KINGSTON (11:08) via pinfall
Kofi quickly rolls out of the ring with his hand raised – a wise decision as Show begins to furiously kick at the ropes and throws the chairs out of the ring towards the Ghanaian. However, the crowd are loving the way Kofi pulled that one out – a sneaky use of the chair to give Show a taste of his own medicine. The referee raises Kofi’s hand and then shakes himself off before heading to the first referee and checking on him. As Kingston smiles and turns to leave, Show’s eyes bulge in anger as he stares out after him and Grisham and Foley suggest that Kofi might have made a huge mistake tonight ...

The cameras switch backstage to Matt Striker who is stood waiting to interview Cryme Tyme, Shad Gaspart and JTG ...

MATT STRIKER:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome JTG ... Shad ... CRYME TYME!

Decent pop for Cryme Tyme who returned from injury last week after the ‘alleged’ assault on them by the British Empire during the Royal Rumble PPV a couple of weeks ago ...

MATT STRIKER:
Guys, I gotta’ ask you ... At the Rumble, we saw you injured in the backstage area. Who was it who attacked you?

JTG and Shad both look at Striker with raised brows and laugh at him a little ... It is JTG who speaks up to answer ...

JTG:
Matt, whassup man? You saw the Rumble, you know what went down that night. The Empire boys, they don’t wanna fight wit’ us, they took the cowards way out, ain’t that right, Shad?

SHAD:
Yo, you know that’s right, Jay. Instead of facing us as part of the Turmoil match, they jumped us from behind and beat us down like dogs. Man, we worked hard for our spot in that match and they took it away from us just like that.

MATT STRIKER:
So guys, you confirm it was the Empire that attacked you?

JTG and Shad nod their heads with looks of annoyance as they think back to the Rumble ...

JTG:
Yo, it was definitely them, man. But they done made us boys mad now, dawg. They’re in big trouble now, we have our sights on their Tag Team titles and we won’t quit until we take them. Ya’ feel me, big man?

SHAD:
That’s right, Jay, we gonna’ chase down those British duh-ta-duhs and we gonna’ show them what happens when you mess with Cryme Tyme, when we get our chance, it’s gonna’ be off the hook ...

JTG:
Yo, Shad, you’re right. And Hart Dynasty, just so you guys know, we plan on winning those titles real soon. I know you guys got a beef with the Empire too but we can’t wait. If you get in our way, we gonna’ have to take you guys down too. We’ve warned you boys, yo yo.

JTG and Shad salute Striker before turning to leave and they exit the interview pit as SMACKDOWN heads into another break with the Tag Team division bubbling away nicely after JTG and Shad’s words for the Empire and the Dynasty ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with a replay of Michael Cole making match announcements earlier tonight, specifically the one where he pitted two of the Chamber participants together – Christian and Undertaker. Grisham and Foley hype the match up as we prepare for it to begin here before also mentioning the other massive main event match here tonight on SMACKDOWN – John Cena against a mystery opponent from RAW as chosen by Randy Orton for the Beat the Clock challenge. The lights suddenly go off in the arena and a gong echoes throughout ...

*** GONG ***
*** GONG ***
*** GONG ***
*** GONG ***
*** GONG ***
*** GONG ***

*** GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY ***

*** THE UNDERTAKER ***

The crowd here in Milwaukee go wild as the Phenom of the WWE, the Deadman himself, The Undertaker makes his way slowly out to the ring with eerie blue lights floating around in the darkness and balls of fire raising from the stage – one of the greatest WWE entrances of all time, if not the best. As ‘Taker makes his way towards the ring, Grisham and Foley discuss the chances of Undertaker in the Elimination Chamber in nine days time – Foley says people would be mad to bet against this man after what he has accomplished in his career. However, the fact he has been away for so long, could that work against him? Undertaker stands on the ring steps and raises the lights as Grisham introduces footage of Undertaker finally burying Kane alive last week to end their feud and qualify for the Chamber match ... In the ring, Taker removes his hat and coat and rolls his eyes as he looks around at the arena. Suddenly, the arena comes alive once more as the lights and music of another popular WWE superstar start up as well ...

*** JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES ***
*** CHRISTIAN ***

Foley and Grisham discuss the dream of Christian to win the World Championship and Foley says he believes that, in nine days time, somehow, some way, Christian’s dream is going to come true. He says that despite the odds that he will have to overcome – the World Champion CM Punk, the Deadman, the World’s Largest Athlete, the Breakout Star of the WWE and the returning Jeff Hardy – he believes that this is Christian’s moment, his time to shine. As Christian enters the ring, he looks confident but respectful for Undertaker, his opponent tonight, who blankly stares at him. Christian jumps up the ropes to salute his crowd and survey his Peeps in the arena before he jumps down, removes his shirt and then stands opposite the Deadman waiting to start ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match #5
SINGLES MATCH
CHRISTIAN vs. THE UNDERTAKER

These two have a good back and forth match where Christian is able to show that he belongs in such vaulted company as he takes the fight to Undertaker in the early stages. At one point, Christian has the Killswitch locked in but Undertaker is able to counter it with Snake Eyes instead and then a huge flying lariat clothesline to take control. A little while later, Christian is the one that manages to counter as Undertaker goes for Old School but Christian manages to yank Taker down from the top rope and over onto his back, a great defensive move. As Taker gets up, Christian goes for it again, can he get the Killswitch? No, Taker counters by shoving Christian away, Christian spins round ... CHOKE SLAM! UNDERTAKER WITH THE CHOKE SLAM! Taker makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CHRISTIAN KICKS OUT! **

As Taker looks out of the ring where Christian staggers towards the barricade, the referee advises him to stay in the ring but he clearly won’t be doing that. Taker steps back through the ropes and heads out after Christian, these two fan favourites now looking to take the action to each other on the outside, Taker catches up to Christian and hits a number of choke thrusts that hurt Christian a little more. Undertaker takes the wrist of Christian and looks back at the ring steps, he goes to whip Christian into them but it is reversed, to the delight of the Peeps in attendance, Taker crashes into the ring steps with a smash before falling over them, hurt. Christian has bought himself some time here and he slides back into the ring to recover as the referee begins to count Taker out. However, Christian has something to prove here, he climbs to the top rope and waits for Taker to step forward before he dives off and looks for a Plancha from the top rope, Taker dodges and shoves Christian on his way and he collides with nothing except the ground. Writhing in pain, Christian is down and out and Taker drags him up to take him back to the ring. He walks him back down the aisle and rolls him under the ring and the referee immediately checks on Christian to ensure his health is not in any danger. Bad move from the referee though, he takes his eyes of Undertaker for a moment ...

BAM!

Boos erupt around the arena as we see Big Show creep up on Taker unannounced and he smashes him hard in the side of the head, knocking him cold, before he edges around the ring with a look of fury on his face. The referee notices Undertaker out cold on the outside and looks puzzled but it becomes clear when he sees Big Show slide into the ring ... The ref protests against the presence of Show but then he shoves him aside and waits ... WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION PUNCH TO CHRISTIAN AS WELL! The referee signals for the bell before getting out of the ring ...

WINNER:
NO CONTEST (7:36)
With Christian out cold, Show looks down on him with a semblance of a smile on his face. He uses his mammoth feet to roll Christian’s unconscious body out of the ring and then he demands to be handed a microphone. The crowd are booing Show for interrupting the match and Foley isn’t pleased either, he says he was looking forward to seeing how that match would finish. Show has a microphone now and he angrily begins to speak ...

BIG SHOW:
You know what? There’s been a lot of crap spoken about me lately, a lot of uneducated drivel from you fans, people saying that I’m a danger, a liability, that I should be kicked out of the WWE. I’ve knocked out a few people that you like to cheer for and you aren’t happy about it ...

Show takes a breath before continuing ...

BIG SHOW:
So when I come out here tonight and had my match with Kofi Kingston, what a shock it was that when he used a steel chair to beat me, none of you booed or complained then? You’re quick to judge me but it is OK for Kofi to do it, yeah?

Show wipes the sweat from his face ...

BIG SHOW:
The WWE Universe seems to think they can demand that I am kicked out of the WWE for knocking people out so I’m out here to make a complaint of my own. Michael Cole, I am not leaving this ring until you come out here and inform me of how Kofi Kingston is to be punished for his actions tonight ...

Show lowers the microphone as SMACKDOWN heads into a commercial with the Giant of the blue brand stood tall in the ring waiting for an answer from the General Manager ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with Show still stood in the ring waiting and the WWE Universe booing him. He is mouthing off at some of the fans here in Milwaukee, he doesn’t seem to care about what they think of him right now. As Show waits, he begins to look annoyed again ...

BIG SHOW:
Where are you, Cole? I want an answer from you right now.

More jeers and boos as Show continues to hold up the show here tonight ...

???:
Can I have your attention please?

More boos echo around the arena as the SMACKDOWN General Manager appears on the titantron from his office. He looks annoyed with the fact that SMACKDOWN is being held up here tonight ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Big Show, what do you think you are doing? Get out of the ring, you are holding up MY show!

Heat for Cole for referring to SMACKDOWN as his show ...

BIG SHOW:
Cole, I want to know how Kofi will ...

MICHAEL COLE:
We don’t always get what we want, Show. On Monday night, John Cena and I wanted you to go out and destroy Randy Orton but you couldn’t do that could you? 4 minutes and 43 seconds? It’s a good job I was there to think fast and punish Orton further isn’t it?

Show looks a little annoyed ...

BIG SHOW:
Cole, I went out there and I did you and Cena a favour, I gave it ...

MICHAEL COLE:
You know what, Show? How’s about you cut the whining and get out of the ring now?

Show continues to refuse to leave but there are cheers in the arena now as behind Show, Taker is back up from being knocked out earlier. Show senses his presence and spins ... CHOKE SLAM! UNDERTAKER CHOKE SLAMS BIG SHOW! The crowd cheer Taker but then Christian also gets up on the ring apron. A quick look at Undertaker is followed by him heading to the top rope ... FROG SPLASH! CHRISTIAN HITS THE FROG SPLASH! The crowd love it and they cheer as Christian and Undertaker look across at each other, respect in their eyes but a burning desire, a desire to be the World Champion in nine days time at the Elimination Chamber. Grisham and Foley hype up the SMACKDOWN Chamber match once more before hyping up the main event to come ... John Cena has to defeat a mystery opponent from RAW in 14 minutes and 43 seconds in order to get to choose the stipulation for his upcoming match with Randy Orton at Elimination Chamber. Can he do it? Who will Orton send from RAW? Find out next!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns and it is time for the main event and Cena’s opportunity to earn the right to choose the stipulation for his match with Orton in nine days time ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***
*** JOHN CENA ***
2011 Royal Rumble winner

Huge boos greet the arrival of Cena, as usual, but he isn’t bothered as he heads out and waves his hand across his eyes before rushing down to the ring. When he arrives there, Cena looks at the WWE Universe with disdain before pointing to the WrestleMania 27 sign in the rafters and signalling the World Championship around his waist ... More boos for this. Cena grabs a microphone, he wants to know who he is facing tonight!

JOHN CENA:
Now I know all about the RAW roster, I know that none of the RAW (Air quotes) ... “superstars” ... have balls but I’m intrigued about which one of them thinks he can stop me tonight. You see, when I was on RAW, I beat every single one of them over and over, there is nobody on RAW that can beat me, not even Randy Orton.

Cena grins as he is booed again ...

JOHN CENA:
Now, I already know that whoever this guy is, he is a coward. If he wasn’t, he would have made himself known to Michael Cole or myself already ... Let me tell you something, there is no coward here in the WWE that can last 14 minutes plus with John Cena! That’s a fact!

The titantron sparks into life and we see a limo pull into the parking lot and a shiver of excitement spreads around the arena, which RAW superstar is here?

JOHN CENA:
Come on, you coward, get yourself out here right now!

The camera zooms on the back door of the limo which opens and the crowd wait ... out steps ...

A roar of approval from the WWE Universe as the Number 1 contender for Wade Barrett’s WWE Championship steps out of the limo and begins to make his way through the backstage area as Cena stares on in the ring, unsure of how to react here ...

*** AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE ***
*** JOHN MORRISON ***
Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship

In slo-mo, Morrison begins to make his way towards the ring dressed in his sparkling trousers as well as his long coat, his shades covering his eyes, he salutes the crowd as fireworks explode behind him. Morrison makes his way down the ramp and slaps hands with several of the WWE Universe before turning his attention towards Cena in the ring. Handing his shades over to a fan, Morrison steps up the ring steps and removes his coat, he is expecting Cena to start out fast informs Foley, before stepping into the ring. As Foley predicted, Cena goes on the attack immediately as 14:43 appears on the titantron and begins to countdown as soon as the bell rings ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match #6
SINGLES MATCH [i]if Cena wins in less than 14:43, he chooses stipulations for his match with Orton at Elimination Chamber)
JOHN CENA vs. JOHN MORRISON

Cena jumps Morrison and starts pummelling away at him but the Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship manages to fight back and then goes on the attack himself. Forcing Cena into a retreat to the corner, Morrison slams into Cena over and over with forearms and, in the end, Cena decides to exit the ring to get away from the fired up Morrison. Standing outside the ring, Cena demands that the referee usher Morrison away and this eats up a large chunk of time as Cena slowly and carefully heads back into the ring. The pair of them now tie up instead and we are back to a wrestling match rather than an all out fight. However, neither man takes the advantage as they battle over the control of the early stages until Cena, after a frustrated peep up at the time on the titantron, surprises Morrison when he doesn’t break clean in the corner and resorts to slapping Morrison in the face.

11:53 REMAINING!

Morrison rubs the side of his face in shock as Cena yells at him and demands that he lie down and take the pinfall like he knows he will do in the end. Morrison and Cena’s rivalry in this match heats up more and Morrison signals that he is going to be the WWE Champion next weekend which makes Cena laugh. Again, Cena goes for a slap to the face of his opponent but the young man is ready for it, he ducks under and then hooks his arms round Cena’s waist ... GERMAN SUPLEX! Morrison has Cena’s shoulders down ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA KICKS OUT! **

Cena looks incredibly annoyed now and he hits a sly kick to the mid-section, or so the referee thinks, before grabbing the back of Morrison’s neck and ramming him head first into the turnbuckles. Morrison crashes into the corner awkwardly before Cena grabs his neck again and rams him up and down into the turnbuckle hard. The referee threatens to disqualify Cena and he is forced to relinquish the beating to Morrison for a moment. When Morrison staggers up, Cena is ready though and he begans to pick apart Morrison as the clock winds down further. It appears Cena is focused now as he dominates the match but he remains methodical not desperate ...

09:32 REMAINING!

However, Morrison does not falter either, he is looking to prove that his earning of a Number 1 contender spot for the WWE Championship was no fluke and that he is a legitimate threat to Wade Barrett’s title in one week’s time at the Elimination Chamber. Despite Cena controlling the match, Morrison keeps countering and keeps Cena on his toes as we head into a commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

As RAW returns, Cena and Morrison are back on the outside of the ring and Cena is looking up at the clock with increasing frequency now ...

06:12 REMAINING!

Seeing that he has little over 6 minutes left, Cena grabs Morrison by the back of the neck and rolls him into the ring before following in. However, Morrison was playing a little possum there and he is able to stun Cena with a Roundhouse kick that floors Cena in the centre of the ring. As Cena groggily gets to his feet, Morrison sets for what appears to be a DDT but then somersaults forward and crashes Cena down on his back instead – Moonlight Drive! Is Cena finished here?

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA KICKS OUT! **

A loud ‘Ooooh!’ goes up in the arena as Morrison goes close but he continues to take the advantage as he pummels Cena in the corner of the ring. He whips Cena across the ring and then follows up with a high knee in the corner that rattles Cena once more, dropkick to the back. Cena falls over the middle rope, he’d be perfect for a 619, but Morrison decides to springboard off the adjacent ropes, over the top rope where Cena is and drops a leg on the back of Cena’s neck. Cena snaps back into the ring clutching his throat and chest as Morrison scrambles back up to the top turnbuckle, time clicking away for Cena. Morrison surveys the situation from the top rope, waits for Cena to turn ... Missile Dropkick! Cena is down and out, Morrison makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** FOOT ON THE ROPES FROM CENA! **

Desperation time for Cena, a foot on the ropes to prevent Morrison defeating him! Morrison steels himself and then waits for Cena to get up again ... Goes for the springboard Chuck Kick but Cena ducks it and takes a hike out of the ring to gather himself. A look to the clock shows that time is running out here for the Royal Rumble winner as he looks to earn the right to choose the match type when he faces Orton in just over a week’s time. The referee begins the count and, despite his irritation with the way time is ticking away, Cena stays out of the ring and frustrates Morrison a little.

** 8 **
** 9 **
** CENA BACK IN AT 9 – JUST IN TIME! **

Morrison goes on the attack again as the clock displays just 3:37 remaining now, can Cena find a way back into this? Morrison regains control as he whips Cena to the ropes and hits a Tilt a Whirl DDT that crashes Cena down head first into the mat, is this it for Morrison?

** 1 **
** 2 **
** NO! CENA KICKS OUT WITH 3:05 REMAINING! **

Another springboard from Morrison and this time he connects, CHUCK KICK! Cena is down and out in the corner and the crowd come alive as they realise that Cena is perfectly positioned here. Morrison holds the top ropes and looks out from the corner of the ring, a knowing look passes over his face, this is his chance! Up Morrison leaps, springboarding and twisting once more ... STARSHIP ... NO! Cena moves at the last second and Morrison eats the canvas, he fails to his Starship Pain and he writhes in pain on the mat. Cena rolls away and props himself up on the bottom rope in the opposite corner, trying to get his body working again, a look of desperation now in his eyes. With the clock down to 2:33, Cena staggers up and heads over towards the Number 1 contender for Wade Barrett’s WWE Championship. Cena hits a clothesline in the corner to Morrison and then catches him with a Sidewalk before a rather ambitious cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** MORRISON KICKS OUT! **

Morrison and Cena both get up quickly, Morrison swings wildly at Cena who ducks and hits the ropes. Shoulder Block! Boos echo around the arena as Cena hits a second Shoulder Block and then a third ... We know where this is leading! Morrison swings wildly again, Cena ducks and goes for the Protoplex but Morrison counters into an X-Factor! Huge cheers in the arena as Cena looks to have blown it ...

01:46 REMAINING!

Morrison makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA KICKS OUT! **

A look of pure frustration is etched on Cena’s face now and the time is quickly running out, Orton is going to get to choose their Chamber match type! Cena gets to his feet, unsteadily, and charges towards Morrison and a slugfest begins as they trade heavy right hands. The crowd cheer for Morrison and boo Cena but this is a poor choice from Morrison and Cena’s superior strength wins out. Morrison throws a desperate right that Cena ducks under, he goes for the Protoplex again and this time he connects. Morrison is down on his back and Cena – who would normally go for the 5 Knuckle Shuffle now – tries to lock in the submission hold, the STFU! However, Morrison is able to scramble towards the ropes and he clutches them tight as the clock ticks down to less than a minute remaining! What can Cena do here? Morrison springboards off the ropes and hits another CHUCK KICK! The crowd love it now and Cena is down and out and seemingly finished for the night. Morrison leaps up to the ropes again, twists and turns ... STARSHIP PAIN! Morrison connects!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA GETS A HAND ON THE ROPE AGAIN! **

32 seconds left, Cena has just been hit with Starship Pain. Despite kicking out and showing guts, Cena can surely not recover from this? Morrison though is desperate to win and he scales the turnbuckles once more, he leaps off looking for a Missile Dropkick ... Cena moves at the last second and Morrison crashes down hard on his back. 20 seconds left! Cena comes off the ropes, no waving of the hands ... simply a FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE! Cena is beckoning for Morrison to get up as the clock ticks away ...

00:12 REMAINING!

... Up staggers Morrison, Cena lifts him to his shoulders, he has time to hit the FU and get the 3! Morrison desperately elbows Cena’s head and he drops him! The crowd roar as the clock ticks down ... down ... Morrison goes for a Roundhouse Kick but misses, Cena lifts Morrison up once more ... FU! CENA HITS THE FU ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT! Morrison crashes down on his back but Cena looks at the clock ...

00:03

00:02

00:01

00:00

Cena looks up at the titantron in dismay as the clock ticks down and reaches 00:00, the FU was too late for him to recover and react with the pinfall. He stares around in shock, Randy Orton will get to choose the stipulation for Cena’s match at Elimination Chamber with the Viper! Cena looks like he cannot believe what has happened and he clutches his head with his hands as he looks back up at the titantron where 00:00 remains stubbornly in place. Cena angrily kicks the ropes in frustration ... but then John Morrison surprises him and rolls him up for a pinfall ... The match is still going ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
JOHN MORRISON (15:04) via pinfall
Worse for wear, Morrison retreats to the corner, staggering but victorious, the cheers of the crowd ringing through the arena as he holds his arm up high – what a huge victory for Morrison! The Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship pulls out a win over the man who could well be the World Champion inside the next two months! However, Cena is not amused and he rushes Morrison, who doesn’t see it coming, and he smashes him hard in face. Cena has lost it and is pummelling the life out of Morrison over and over and over ... Morrison covers up as the referee tries to calm Cena down but Cena isn’t going to be calmed. He drags Morrison out of the corner and then lifts him onto his shoulders once more ... FU! CENA HITS THE FU TO MORRISON! Boos ring out around the arena as Cena cements his status as a bad loser, he looks angry over what has happened. Cena drops out of the ring and grabs a table from under the ring, what is he doing now? Cena sets the table up in the ring and then he looks towards Morrison who is starting to crawl to his knees ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***
*** NEXUS ***
Ezekiel Jackson, David Otunga, Skip Sheffield & Heath Slater

What on earth are these guys doing here?

Cena looks up and sees them coming, confused for a moment, but then he looks to Morrison and a look of realisation spreads across his face. John Morrison is facing the Nexus leader at the Elimination Chamber, that’s why they’re here! Cena stands back and waits for Nexus to enter the ring thinking they’re here to attack Morrison. Cena drags up Morrison and shoves him towards the Nexus who catch Morrison and then allow him to stumble clear before Skip Sheffield suddenly rushes Cena ... CLOTHESLINE! Cena is caught completely off guard as Nexus appear to be assisting John Morrison here for some reason. As Cena rolls out of the ring looking confused, Grisham speculates that Nexus are here to protect Morrison after they left Wade Barrett on Monday Night RAW this week ... Cena staggers up the ramp looking bewildered as SMACKDOWN ends with Nexus raising Morrison’s hand in victory tonight. Morrison eyes them suspiciously and then drags him arm away from them which causes Nexus to step back. Cena is still on stage and looks on in disbelief that he failed to defeat Morrison here tonight. Randy Orton gets to make the decision over their Elimination Chamber match! What will the Viper decide now on RAW this Monday night?

*** END OF SHOW ***

=========================================

ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2011

*** CONFIRMED MATCHES ***

GRUDGE MATCH
(Orton to choose match stipulation)
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

SMACKDOWN ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Christian vs. The Undertaker

RAW ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH TO DETERMINE #1 CONTENDER FOR WWE CHAMPIONSHIP AT WRESTLEMANIA 27
Daniel Bryan vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Miz vs. Sheamus vs. Edge vs. ???

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. John Morrison
(Nexus barred from ringside)

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Justin Gabriel (c) vs. Ted DiBiase

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Maryse (c) vs. Layla vs. Michelle McCool (?)

*** SUNDAY 20TH FEBRUARY LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE ON PAY PER VIEW ***

*** 9 DAYS AWAY ***

GCB's WWE (v2) RETURNS!
GCB is offline   Reply With Quote