Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rebook a WrestleMania

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #80 (permalink)
Robcore™
Learning to break kayfabe

Robcore™ Robcore™
Default Re: Rebook a WrestleMania

Wrestlemania X-Seven, as brilliant as it was, should've had an Austin/HHH main event, much like 2000 should've had a Rock/HHH main event. Alas, we got a brilliant event in 17 and a very subpar one in 16 bar a couple of matches. I'd not really.. want to rebook 16 mind, because it had a lot of good fueds come out of it. Don't know why I've told you that really.. when it's X8 I'm doing. I would've continued a very.. WCW v WWF trend actually, I think it had a lot of potential but with the restraints they had along with HHH's injury and Rock's absence, they had to rush it;

Wrestlemania X8

Icon V Icon
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin v 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan

WWF Undisputed Championship
The Rock (c) v Triple H

Grudge Match
Kurt Angle w/McMahon v Mr Perfect w/Flair

Tag Team Match
Trish Stratus & Lita v Torrie Wilson & Stacy Kiebler

No Disqualification Tornado Tag
Kane & The Undertaker v Scott Hall & Kevin Nash

Grudge Match
Chris Jericho v Diamond Dallas Page

WWF Tag Team Titles
The Hardyz V The Dudleyz V O'Haire & Palumbo

WWF Intercontinental Championship
Edge v Rob Van Dam (c)

Main fueds back story...
The fall out from the Survivor Series PPV would have been entirely different, with Austin taking a sabatical due to refusing to work under McMahon again. Flair would still come back and introduce himself as the part-owner of the WWE, and begin favouring former WCW stars over the WWE stars. Austin would be continuously advertised and booked to appear in matches, but consistently no show the matches. The Vengeance PPV would see the Rock win the WWE Undisputed Championship which he would hold until WM. At the Royal Rumble, Vince, dismayed at the direction his company has gone in, introduces the NWO in an attempt to rid WWE of the 'WCW cancer', only for his control over the NWO to diminish almost instantly with the NWO hungry to stay they'd taken on two major wrestling organisations. HHH would still return and win the Royal Rumble, but get attacked by the NWO afterwards. This would lead into a 3 on 3 match at No Way out, HHH/Angle/Rock v Hall/Hogan/Nash, during which Rock betrays HHH by attacking him, allowing the NWO to win.

Icon v Icon
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin v 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan

The NWO would eventually turn to Undertaker and Kane the night before No Way Out, with Hall and Nash calling the two of them 'freaks' and attacking them with Hogan for that and putting both of them out of contention for their matches at No Way Out. The night after No Way Out, Hogan would come out and demand that he be inserted into the WWE Title match at WM, only for Kane and the Undertaker to appear looking for revenge. The two of them would get overpowered by the NWO until Austin's return sets the crowd alight as he evens the odds and helps Kane and 'taker fight back. The Smackdown after, Hogan would invite Austin to the ring and the two would kick off, eventually Vince and Flair agreeing to set the match as being Icon v Icon at Wrestlemania; Hogan v Austin.
Winner - Austin (Hogan turns face afterwards in similar vein to how he did anyway)

WWE Undisputed Championship
The Rock(c) v Triple H

I would have had Rock turn on HHH at NWO, claiming that he was fed up of not getting the recognition from the WWE for his abilities and that he was going out with a bang; taking out HHH and leaving after Wrestlemania X8 with the WWE Championship. He would basically go "Hollywood" as he did later on that year iirc, claiming that he was dismayed by being overshadowed by HHH's return, Austin's return and Hogan's return and that he was completely fed up of this happening despite being the Great One, setting the fued up and the match at WM being face HHH v heel Rock.
Winner - The Rock (further pushing his Hollywood heel persona, needed with Hogan turning face in the main event)

Grudge Match
Kurt Angle w/McMahon v Mr Perfect w/Flair

Flair & Vince would fued over the WWE up until Wrestlemania, where they'd agree to pit a handpicked wrestler against one another in a special "WWF V WCW" match, Flair continuously stressing he wants to turn the WWF into a WCW light trying to take the best of the WCW and incorporate it into his part of the WWF. Vince would announce Angle as earlier as after the Royal Rumble, putting him in easy matches and pushing him into the main events when they matter. This would lead to a return from Mr Perfect (he would do a 'one off' appearance at Royal Rumble then disappear afterwards until after NWO) where the two would bicker over who was the better technical wrestler. Would have loved to have seen it, especially on the grandest of stages.
Winner - Kurt Angle

Tag Team Match
Trish Stratus & Lita v Torrie Wilson & Stacy Kiebler

Normal tag match built on the rivalry between the duos, each claiming to be 'better' than each other and that their promotions had the better criteria for what defined a Diva. Thus, you take two of the iconic WWF Divas and two of the iconic WCW Divas of recent times and put them in a tag match.
Winner - Wilson & Kiebler

No Disqualification Tornado Tag
Kane & The Undertaker v Scott Hall & Kevin Nash

With Hogan and Austin being in the Main Event, this would leave the Brothers of Destruction to gain true vengence on Hall and Nash who set the fued rolling by calling them freaks. I'd actually build the match up as being two of the biggest destructive and self-implosive forces in both industries' history, really hype the match up such as having both teams looking very, very powerful leading up to the event by consistently destroying jobbers and jobber teams alike.
Winners - Kane & The Undertaker

Grudge Match
Chris Jericho v Diamond Dallas Page

As much a fan I am of Chris Jericho, I remember his impact on the Main Event scene in 2002 as being unfortunately compareable to the Miz's in 2011; just.. didn't feel right, felt more awkward and forced than anything. Don't get me wrong, he did the best he could, but he was just consistently overshadowed by Rock, Austin, Hogan and his 'fued' with HHH was really a fued between HHH and Stephanie. I'd have preferred to give him a deep rivalry, claiming beef with DDP from back in his WCW days. I thought the two could've worked well, even at DDP's age back then, and I would've liked to have seen it as an undercard match.
Winner - Chris Jericho

WWF Tag Team Titles
The Hardyz V The Dudleyz V O'Haire & Palumbo

WWF V ECW V WCW, seeing as E&C had split up at that point. I'd just have gone down a similar line as the Divas, with all three teams claiming to be superior and to have come from a better background thus continuing the WCW/WWF rivalry flowing through the roster. This is more of a.. I didn't like the way they took the Tag division at that time, and this is more of an attempt to give a half-decent match whilst contributing to the theme of my PPV.
Winner - The Dudleyz

WWF Intercontinental Championship
Edge v Rob Van Dam (c)
As big a fan as I was of Regal (Hey, UK bias, shh), I didn't think he really had the right chemistry with RVD, least not as entertaining as the fued he had with Jericho. Edge/RVD I thought would've been a brilliant way to kick the show off, and get the fans on their feet. Could even put it in a Ladder match actually, as I think both of them could've really made such a match work well on the grandest stage of them all.
Winner - Edge
Robcore™ is offline   Reply With Quote