Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Do You Still Miss WCW?

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Hazzard
Little Poppa Pump

Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard Hazzard
Default Re: Do You Still Miss WCW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Without a doubt, and the business itself misses it. The Monday Night Wars was the best and greatest period in the history of the industry, and WCW was what started that era. Nitro was innovative and started the biggest boom ever with the nWo. Bischoff was a pioneer for many creative concepts which led to some of the most exciting TV I have ever seen. I always loved the wild and dark atmosphere of Nitro and WCW in general, the freedom performers like Hall and Nash had to just be themselves as the coolest act in the world made it more than just a larger than life personality on a wrestling program. The brilliant skits and angles, the creative sets, the awesome concepts like Road Wild and Spring Break Nitro. The chaotic aura about the show, the logos, the money, Bischoff's attitude, the ratings war, the passionate crowd, Hollywood, The Outsiders, Sting, Goldberg, Flair, Luger etc the deep talent roster, the stables, I miss everything about WCW and that entire period. 1996-1998 Nitro is the best wrestling TV of all time IMO along with WWF 98-01.

Nitro was like a party every week, Hall & Nash with their hawaiwan shirts at Spring Break, Hollywood Hogan's long godlike promos every week, nWo shirts and signs everywhere, we will never see that kind of atmosphere in wrestling again.

Last edited by Hazzard : 11-16-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote