Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Make CM Punk the "Vegeta" in the WWE
View Single Post
post #79 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 AM
max314
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Make CM Punk the "Vegeta" in the WWE

Punk's already drawn the comparison between he and Cena being the Batman and Superman of the WWE Universe. And I think it's an apt one.

If you've ever been to Japan, you may be aware that if two people of equal social status go out for a meal, they could literally end up in a fist fight over who pays the bill — to pay the bill is seen as the duty of the socially superior individual, and neither of the two equals wishes to be seen as the lesser of the two.

What I like about the Goku-Vegeta dynamic is that, whereas Goku glides through the various power rankings with relative ease, Vegeta's always playing catch-up. He's always trying to be the one who "pays the bill" as it were. And yes, I do think there's something of this between Punk and Cena, the former believing that the latter is just an assclown whose ascension through the ranks of WWE is an insult, not least one directed at him.

With regards to your thread title demanding to "make CM Punk the 'Vegeta' in the WWE," I have to say that I think he's already there. But there's definitely more fuel left in this particular feud's fire.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome