Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#1,311 ·
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - Where Chandler "MVP" Parsons reigns.

It's going to be the equivalent of the LAC vs LAL games pre Blake, I seriously doubt they'll be any "Let's go Nets!" or "Let's go Brooklyn" chants.

I'll take you up on the avy bet, and I was joking when I said "at least 20" :lmao. Although I do expect the Knicks to win by double digits. JJ has been shooting poorly all season (tonights game not withstanding), and Chandler will lock up Lopez

As for Melo-Wallace, I admit I haven't watched a single full Nets game this year, but I doubt Wallace can slow down Anthony (assuming that's the matchup....lol if Hump is on him). And Felton's D has been good all season, so Deron won't torch him, at least I hope.

#1,314 ·
No way its your underrating the crowd. I'd be stunned if its 70% all knick fans. There is a reason we had great crowds against Boston and LAC. Last year it was all Boston and clipper fans in NJ when they came to play us.

Lopez is the last guy Chandler is gonna lock up. Infact Chandler gets into foil trouble a lot. Especially with Lopez who Dwight and Pau, KG, DJ all got torched by.

Melo will get his Buckets. JJ has played well at home but bad on the road. Deron is banged up.

Hump and Evans are machines on the boards.

I could see the Knicks winning if they continue to shoot 3s well at a high rate but its going to be a tough game because every player is excited

#1,316 ·

You guys had "great crowds" against two teams from Boston and LAC.

Against the Knicks you're playing against another team in New York that's more popular then you guys are in the state. Just like Ether said, it will be just like Laker-Clipper games before Blake & CP3.

#1,317 ·

Chandler only has 2.9 FPG this year, tying the 3rd best mark of his career, And Hump's rebounds are actually down from the past 2 years, damn at Evans though. 7.5 RPG in just over 18 mins, if only he wasn't a flopper. It'll be at least 70% Knick fans imo, I expect the Knick fanbase to make it a point to go there just to say they still run NY. Not that this is a good indicator, but remember the Knicks/Nets preseason game? That was easily 80-20 in favor of Knick fans, maybe more.

I'm not discrediting Lopez by the way, and looking at their h2h # you're probably right that Lopez will get his buckets (Career 20/8 on 58% vs Chandler), hopefully we give Lopez a lot of different defenders (Tyson, Camby, maybe Thomas, Sheed, maybe a little of Carmelo. After all...he was on Gasol throughout the MEM game).

#1,338 ·

Knicks will win tonight. Everyone on both sides will be up for this game, but Melo will be Melo and I trust our bench over the Nets bench easily. I say Knicks by 6

Chandler only has 2.9 FPG this year, tying the 3rd best mark of his career, And Hump's rebounds are actually down from the past 2 years, damn at Evans though. 7.5 RPG in just over 18 mins, if only he wasn't a flopper. It'll be at least 70% Knick fans imo, I expect the Knick fanbase to make it a point to go there just to say they still run NY. Not that this is a good indicator, but remember the Knicks/Nets preseason game? That was easily 80-20 in favor of Knick fans, maybe more.

I'm not discrediting Lopez by the way, and looking at their h2h # you're probably right that Lopez will get his buckets (Career 20/8 on 58% vs Chandler), hopefully we give Lopez a lot of different defenders (Tyson, Camby, maybe Thomas, Sheed, maybe a little of Carmelo. After all...he was on Gasol throughout the MEM game).
that shit better not happen again. Woodson had his head in his ass thinking that was a good idea.

Never said they have never been good, though I will say they are far from being a good franchise, I mentioned the ABA titles because that was the same time the Knicks won their NBA titles.

If the Kidd/VC/RJ Nets had Kenyon Martin than yeah. To bad K Mart couldn't stay healthy.

Im not even arguing if the Knicks are a better franchise than the Nets because they are, but so are a lot of other teams.

If only fucking Howard was here I wouldn't have to worry about Knick fans coming in our building.
that's not true. The building would still be overrun with Knick fans. I don't think it'll be 70% or 90% like some one said, but I do think it'll be like 60% Knick fans and even if Nets fans try to start some chants, Knicks fans will shut that shit down

#1,321 ·

Your talking about a pre season game that was in Long Island.

it'll probably be 60 % Knick fans. Dont think there wont be Nets fans in MSG either.

And yeah their are many bandwagoners in NY, so when one the teams are bad expect buildings to be over run, but both teams are finally good at once and crowds are gonna be fun.

#1,322 ·

The majority of fans in that building will be Knick fans, it will pretty much be a Knicks home game. I guarantee it, you can write it down, put in your sig, take a picture, I don't care. I'm 95% sure that the crowd will be pro-Knicks heavily.

Look at the Clippers-Lakers crowds before Blake & CP3 came.

Hell, when the Bulls play in Milwaukee it's pretty much a Bulls home game. And you think it'll be different in Brooklyn just because the Nets have X amount of season ticket holders? :lol

#1,324 ·

It's because the Knicks are New York's #1 basketball team.

When the Yankees & Mets play, which team has more crowd support?
When the Giants & Jets play, which team has more crowd support?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer, and it's always by a large margin.

#1,325 ·

It's because the Knicks are New York's #1 basketball team.

When the Yankees & Mets play, which team has more crowd support?
When the Giants & Jets play, which team has more crowd support?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer, and it's always by a large margin.
Heres 1 thing, Knicks aren't and never have been good enough to be compared to the Yankees and the Giants, so when I see people say Knicks are the Yankees and the Giants of NY Its laughable.

#1,326 ·

What about the early 70s, and Mid 90s Knicks?

#1,328 · (Edited)

What about the early 70s, and Mid 90s Knicks?
What about the Early 2000 Nets? and the DR. J Nets who won two ABA Titles in NY?

What about it?

Dont get me wrong the Knicks have had some success but they are far from a great franchise. The last time they won a championship was nearly 40 years ago which was near the same time the Nets won their ABA championships.

And yes those 2 championships from the Knicks are still greater than the Nets who have 0. But lets not act like Knicks are up their with the Yankees and Giants

They do have better success,though it has been a while, there not far a way better. Knicks being better than the Nets isn't saying much

There are probably 25 teams who are better historically than than the Nets

#1,335 ·

Until their next game I guess, which is on 12/11

#1,336 ·

I havent been able to watch some laker games this season because i been so busy but I always catch up with the highlights. From what I saw the lakers did an amazing job against Dallas. If only they can keep this consistant.

#1,340 ·

Boston already has that honor thank you very much.

Will be going for the Nets tonight but think the Knicks will win. Expecting a big game from Carmelo if he's guarded by Humphries instead of Gerald Wallace.

#1,342 ·

Am I only the onlyone that would be somewhat satisfied(probably would still be incredibly pissed at lakers losing but I disgress) if Grizzlies won this year? Itwould honestly feel like 04 Pistons winning, except that just brings back terrible memories for me.

#1,345 ·

Am I only the onlyone that would be somewhat satisfied(probably would still be incredibly pissed at lakers losing but I disgress) if Grizzlies won this year? Itwould honestly feel like 04 Pistons winning, except that just brings back terrible memories for me.
I'd be somewhat satisfied if anyone but the Lakers, Celtics, or Heat won it all

#1,343 ·

Yeah they are similar to the 04 Pistons and I would love to see a small-market team like them win the title, but it all depends on Rudy Gay. If the playoffs come around and we get the same Rudy Gay from last year's playoffs the Grizzlies are a 2nd round exit to me.

#1,344 · (Edited)

Crash obviously is gonna guard Melo.

Nets have played extremely well at home, while the Knicks have struggled lately.

The only thing that worries me is D-Will and his shooting, he is gonna need surgery this offseason for his bone spurs, he fell on his elbow last week and still has that banged up wrist. If this was last season he'd be sitting out.

Even the Knicks acknowledge the rapid rise of their rivals, Anthony saying he’s watched their games and gotten goose bumps when fans chant “Brook-lyn! Brook-lyn!
Ha, even he wants to chant those chants

#1,349 ·

Looks like Kidd is out tonight. That's huge. Nets have a good chance to take this one.
:batista3:batista3:batista3:batista3:batista3:batista3

#1,351 · (Edited)

Yeah, if not for Melo, Kidd would be the MVP of the team this year. The 3 ball has been deadly, but he's doing on the other end too. He's top 10 in steals and he's been clutch as hell too. Plus it thins out our already thin backcourt.

Edit - Crazy Eyes to start. Good. We need Sheed with the second unit. Let's hope Camby plays too

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.