Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE has failed at..

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
jonoaries
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries
Default Re: WWE has failed at..

The E is incredibly formulaic now with their booking and characters. And while the biggest problem technically is the booking & story telling failures, to me the product just isn't as fun as it used to be.

I'm not even talking compared to the attitude era, I mean compared to the New Generation era. The matches are all punch, kick, repeat until finish, there's no wrestling anymore. No wrist locks, no head locks, no body slams. Vertical suplexes etc those were the small nuances that help push a match forward and for kids they just fuckin look cool.

I'm glad it hasn't gotten to 1994-1995 levels of bad where we had midgets and assorted fuckery regularly but at least the matches being worked got the crowd into them. These muhfuckas today can't even entertain within the ropes, let alone on the mic. WWE needs to cut loose and let these guys work!
jonoaries is offline   Reply With Quote