Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #793 (permalink)
Calamity Glitch
PĪRƚЄ ĦҚЄR

Calamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth readingCalamity Glitch has posts worth reading
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
According to a report by Bryan Alvarez of The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter, the angle on Monday Night Raw this week where Paul Heyman and CM Punk mocked Jerry Lawler's heart attack was planned several weeks ago and was approved by everyone involved including Lawler and Mick Foley.
This is why I have no real issues with it, but there will always be folks who still think it is politically incorrect. Just because something taken from real life is mocked in a story line that doesn't mean that that's how anyone in the show truly feels about it. The issue of the heart attack has now become a part of a fictitious story that is turning it into something else entirely. There's nothing wrong with thinking it's messed up to mock someone who had a heart attack generally, but at this rate it's just actors playing their parts now. To those who do take this personally, you had might as well think that Jerry, himself, is messed up for allowing a storyline to be based off of something tragic like this and then that leaves you with no one to feel sorry for really. Maybe Lawler IS messed up individual. Maybe he just cares about the business and KNOWS that it's all acting at this point, now. Either way, it was good drama.

Quote:
Than usual, yeah...But it still wasn't the kind of heat you'd expect from making fun of someone having a heart attack.
I guess so. I do remember at the end of the show it was like nothing even happened since there were plenty of shots of guys crossing their arms over their head and cheering Punk on.

I mark for
Undertaker - Dean Ambrose - NeyNey
CHAMPviaDQ is alright I guess