Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #8863 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 PM
BEST FOR CHRISTMAS
$9.99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
No doubt a heel Cena would certainly give the match more edge. But, looking back at the last 4 WrestleMania matches all of Undertaker's opponents (yeah, BOTH guys haha) were faces. No real heel elements there and they still tried everything they could to win the match. That's why I'm thinking a heel turn isn't essential to making it be the most unbelievable match. I really do feel John Cena vs The Undertaker, as they are, would be enough. Not to say I would refuse a heel turn. If, they would actually do it (even just for that one match) I'd be ALL for it. Flashbacks to 2003 running through my head.
They were faces but kinda sorta not really lol. Shawn has always had that edge to him and he taunted Taker with all the holy stuff etc. Trips has always been a bastard no matter if he's playing heel or face lol. Cena though, he would stand there and smile while Taker told him he wasn't in his league. Then he'd tell everybody he agreed, tuck his tail between his legs and go to the back to let Taker have his time. The heel turn isn't essential and Taker/Cena is a HUGE match on its own. Absolutely. But for the sake of the story I'd personally like to see, I think Cena descending into heeldom and finally embracing the hate against a true embodiment of the WWE for the past 20 years now would be something magical to see.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome