Wrestling Forum banner

Kofi a "Liberal heel"?

3K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  truk83 
#1 ·
Politics, and wrestling aren't the greatest combination, but JBL did a solid job with his role as that prejudice, right-winged Conservative back in his glory days feuding with Eddie Guerrero. Now that it seems The Miz is turning "face" it may be possible that we see a gradual "heel" turn on the crowd, base on how they receive this side of Kofi. I would have a gut feeling that a strong part of the wrestling audience would probably boo Kingston if he were to start about his Political views whether they are made up, or not. Then again they may even cheer him.

It just strikes me that the WWE Universe could easily turn on him should he talk about how much he supports Obama, and was glad Linda McMahon failed her second election. Kofi could talk about how she is a Conservative who just spent nearly $100 million dollars of her husbands money. Words like this could send shock waves through the WWE Universe. I could imagine this even making headline news. Kingston says that he busts his ass off every putting his body on the line, and he can't even be provided with quality health care.

Kingston says that money could have went to medical research, and find out why so many of "us" are dying after our careers are over. Granted the WWE is PG, so I wouldn't imagine him saying anything about dying wrestlers, but perhaps badly crippled wrestlers. Each week he would come out with some past star, or mid card talent, and show the world what professional wrestling does to their bodies. He says Linda, and Vince are rich pigs who sit on their wealth, and let the wrestlers at the bottom scratch, and stab each other in the backs all while they profit.

Kofi explains that he is angry, and his anger drove him to become the current Intercontinental Champion. Then out of no where Antonio Cesaro's music hits. The United States Champion comes out, and begins to exchange words with Kingston. Cesaro says that Kingston is exactly the problem with America. Antonio says that Kingston believes everything should just be handed to him on a silver platter because he has worked hard enough. Cesaro says he was traveling the world for a decade until he finally reached his dreams making it to the WWE. Cesaro says Kofi has been in the WWE for more than half a decade, and has accomplished nothing, and thinks he deserves everything. Both men drop their mics, and begin to exchange blows.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want him to get over as a heel that way I'm not so sure having him make fun of Linda's failed senate run is a good way to go about doing that.

Still I've always thought that a "heel" who gets over denouncing wrestling, sort of like Foley and 'cane Dewey', and bringing up issues about wrestlers not getting medical care and stuff like that would get over pretty well. Maybe after a particularly brutal injury letting them "see the light" and waking them to the danger of wrestling and how wrestlers kill themselves and destroy their bodies to make Vince rich, compare it to gladiators getting eaten for amusement, etc. Eventually building up to them forming sort of a cult of followers and becoming the very thing they kept fighting against. I doubt it'd go down like that in any case nowadays, Vince wouldn't want these issues brought up on his own show.

Regardless there's really no point in turning Kofi heel. He's already over as a face and still is despite doing almost nothing for 2 years. Just give the guy a push already instead of forcing every other guy on the roster into the main event first. I don't even know if Kofi would work as a heel, we've barely seen him work the mic and whatnot as a face. I wish they'd just give him a chance.

#12 ·
lol. That would get monster heat.

#7 · (Edited)
Also have him come out with other GEEKS who haven't worked for months and claim that they want John Cena and DWAYNE's Wrestlemania bonus. However, they leave once Teddy Long books them in a TAG TEAM MATCH because they realize they have to work for that bonus.

John Cena would then represent CAPITALISM and defeat the diabolical Kofi in the main event of Raw.

#OccupyRAW would only last about one episode. Still better than Aces & 8's though.

#8 ·
Okay, after reading a lot of truk83 threads and posts, I have to ask...

Do you want to be a writer for the show? I'd say a good deal of your posts are ideas you've come up with. It's a legit question, I'm not trying to put you down, it's just something I've noticed.

#9 ·
Very creative but I'm not sure if that would get him booed. He would probably be cheered actually for saying most of that stuff. Especially the stuff about Linda's campaign lol. Never been a fan of a Kofi heel turn. Maybe if WWE had good writers I would but they don't. They would probably just turn Kofi into Black Dolph Ziggler. Which I really don't want to see.

He definitely needs a change tho but I would keep him babyface. He is a natural babyface in my opinion. He actually reminds me of AJ Styles. Not as good in-ring as Styles of course but both guys just seem to be made for the babyface role. Styles tried to turn heel and it wasn't good. I think the same would have happen to Kofi especially with todays writers.

New attire & a new theme would be great. He also needs to develop more of a character. A lot of guys in WWE don't really have one. His WWE persona doesn't really have a story. Some people can't pull off heel turns. Rey Mysterio has been babyface his whole career and is still a fan favorite. New look, theme and a little character development would go a long way for Kofi.

#13 ·
I think Kofi would do great as a heel, but not with that gimmick. His whole run has been building up to a heel turn where he just goes 'I'm sick and tired of not being taken seriously, everyone stepping over me, etc.'

#18 ·
I think he did that gimmick on the indies, no?

#22 ·
I don't know if it's possible but I think he can be a great heel as long as the cards are played right and that push doesn't get killed as soon as it lifts off.

#23 ·
Something perhaps like a hipster "heel", you know the ones that wear the thick, black-framed glasses, and dress a bit retro/nerd types. Everyone else to them is just not as ultra creative, or as educated as they think they are. I think if this attitude was played right he could come off as a real "jerk". Basically speaking his mind, but in a real condescending way very similar to Sandow, but not proclaiming to be a savior of the masses. If you have ever been around leftists social environments you have been around these people. They are no different than the yuppie Conservatives. They are a younger demographic, and I think Kofi fits well with the leftists/hipster attitude. Whereas a David Otunga would be a yuppie Conservative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.