Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MLB: ONE WEEK!

Thread: MLB: ONE WEEK!
View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #2420 (permalink)
DesolationRow
I've Come to Open the Purple Testament of Bleeding War

Location: Third & King, Paying Homage to the Willie Mays Statue
DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500DesolationRow 13001 - 13500
Default re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
I'm never sure if it's the parks or the pitchers, or some of both. AT&T is clearly not Coors or Arlington, but I'm not sure it's Petco either. Petco seems like the best pitcher's park since SD doesn't have very good pitchers and that stadium yields nothing year after year. As close as 2009, AT&T was in the same place as The Cell and Camden Yards on the Park Factor list.
Good points, definitely. I do think PETCO used to be more decisively pitcher-friendly than it was even this year, and it's still very pitcher-friendly, of course, but I noticed in several Giants games down there during day games and even some night games, the ball flew out more than anyone had ever seen it before this year. The Giants commentators talked about it during a few different games this year. But, no doubt, it's still a very pitcher-friendly environ. But when it heats up down there, it does lend itself to some big fly balls, or at it least that was a running narrative this season.

It's funny, thinking about Posey's season for a moment, I remember a monster shot he hit over the Right Field wall, and no RHBs do that. In all the years of AT&T, I think it's literally like 12-15 RHBs who have hit opposite field homers there. Just something I was thinking in relation to both Posey and the ballpark a minute ago...

Oh, and as for a guy whose team made the postseason being just a touch more rewarded than a guy whose team didn't quite make it, I should say that without Mike Trout, the Angels don't even get remotely close to reaching postseason baseball this year. It's ridiculous the impact that guy made for that team. And even there, the Angels had a better record than the Tigers, too. So, some different ways to slice this pie up, I guess.