Wrestling Forum banner

Leader of A&8?

Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

779K views 5K replies 696 participants last post by  LIL' WINNING FOOT 
#1 ·
I have it on very good authority that the leader of the Aces and 8's faction will be someone who has a real grudge against HH and Sting.

This person is also a keen biker and the factio Aces and 8's is being set up as a "Hells Angels" type faction.

Said person also made a comment recently to wait for some big news from him in the future!!

Answer is

#4,938 ·
Re: Would aces and eights have been better if it consisted of new talent

It pretty much consisted of new talent with Brisco, Knox and DOC coming in and Garett not really wrestling much. And it's not like A&8s were booked well before Anderson became a member so throwing someone new in there wouldn't matter.

#4,939 ·

yes i think so, if they had more unknown talent from the indies and then bully ray as the leader it could of lead to a very good storyline where one of the new member of aces and eights betrays bully ray and becomes a new main event star and the world champion kinda like the way evolution storyline went in wwe, and we wouldn't need to have this storyline about heroes and who's gonna save tna.

#4,941 ·

Yes because at the end of the day. Those 2 big guys from the wwe are not going to do shit or have much of a real career after this group. It could have been cool if it was guys like AJ ect but now from whats happening its better with having people like AJ just be solo

#4,942 ·

From the standpoint of what to do with Mr. Anderson, this was exactly what he needed. They are paying him big bucks, gotta involve him.

From the standpoint of the the storyline and purpose of A&E as a stable, yeah could have brought in new talent instead.

#4,943 ·

this is my 1 problem with the group. some of these guys dont belong.

bully, devon, and anderson are good in there roles.
doc and knux are ok.
taz is fine, i dont mind him. hes been pretty entertaining on commentary imo.
dlo, i get why hes there, but he doesnt fit the group.
brisco and garrett are horrible. idk why angle has been putting them over.

there are guys who would of been better suited to be with the group and it would of helped them in the long run.

jay bradley, chris masters, cliff compton, even gunner or crimson would of been better fits with the group imo and would probably be guys that would stick around after the aces storyline is over with. i mean does anybody think doc, knux, wes, and garrett are gonna do anything meaningful when this is over with? i dont, i see them becoming jobbers b4 getting released.

#4,944 ·

what good would it do when the spotlight shines on Bully Rey mostly? A new talent wouldn't do much. As already said, they have Brisco and Bischoff, along with DOC and Knox. Apart from that you have they don't need anymore new guys.

#4,949 ·
I quite liked the set up for the 3D on Sting this week on Impact. Rather than having Sting just randomly turn around, they had Anderson initiate it, thought that was a nice small touch from the normal, making no sense of turning around randomly.

And, I'm also enjoying Mr. Anderson for the first time since like 2011, he suits his role with Aces & Eights.

#4,952 ·
If AJ joins Aces and 8's in the coming weeks, then I don't see him facing Bully at BFG. I don't think it makes any sense for Hogan to pick members of the Aces to be in the BFGS...short of having qualifying matches and even then, why would Hogan give them any chance of qualifying. I think it's more likely they go with the more predictable route of having him destroy the Aces from within, and leading an Aces team to the slaughter in some multi-man match at BFG (with a likely stipulation that the Aces have to disband if they lose). Wouldn't mind Team TNA being a Fortune reunion (Storm, Roode, Kaz & Daniels) for one night only.

It's fine by me as AJ can go on to defeat Bully in the co-main event at Genesis and then main event Lockdown and win the World Title.

#4,953 ·
I'm slowly but surely starting to come around with bully ray. That standing drop kick to angles chops was incredible

#4,954 ·
I remember when Ken Anderson was in the background, never said a word, & was a mindless cog in the machine of Aces & Eights. That was the best part of his TNA career for me. Having to stomach this guy weekly is painful. D.O.C. has less of a spotlight for this mong & Knux continues to be obscure. That's a less than terrific turn of events.

#4,967 ·
Man, between the 4 different t-shirts, the two different masks, the vest, the beanie, the hat, the wallet, the keychain and the arm band they've released a boatload of Aces & Eights merchandise lately. A&E merch must be selling pretty well if they're releasing that much stuff.

#4,976 ·
165 though? This AN8's stuff must be really selling. A lot of people in the crowd at events have had them on.

That's the good thing about being on the road, you actually get to see who's over and what merchandise is being picked up. I bet Main Event Mafia stuff would've been just as big of a hit if they were on the road every other week too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.