Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#5 ·
Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at WrestleMania Hotel

a young wrestler wouldn't be stupid enough to do this if it wasn't a work. Interesting

#8 ·

Obviously a work. He will come in a continue to blame the Attitude group for the business failures and each guy from the old generation or even the knew generation will give him their finishing move.

#12 ·

My gut says he's creating an opportunity for himself.

I've followed Ambrose for a while in FCW, he's a great talent. Certainly has the 'IT' factor. Whether he can carry that to the big leagues will certainly be interesting.

#17 ·

It's cool to see him interact with such a big name, but I don't understand what Ambrose could have against (kayfabe) his generation. Even if I did, I wouldn't like the fact that he was criticising such an amazing generation. Hopefully it's not too long before he's on TV. WWE have an unspeakably big star on their hands if they decide to use him correctly.

#34 ·

It's cool to see him interact with such a big name, but I don't understand what Ambrose could have against (kayfabe) his generation. Even if I did, I wouldn't like the fact that he was criticising such an amazing generation. Hopefully it's not too long before he's on TV. WWE have an unspeakably big star on their hands if they decide to use him correctly.
Just going from what was said in the video.

The idea I believe they're going with is for him to chastise Foley and the 'extreme generation' for the liberties they took with their own bodies, and how they walked free, how irresponsible they were as 'rolemodels', how it lead to the 'backyard generation' Ambrose 'grew up' in, a period of time that took many of his friends victims.

And he wants to hold someone accountable for it. And Foley seems the best fit for this storyline in the WWE.

I have a feeling this could be the WWE going for a very real storyline, addressing the issues of not doing this at home.

#19 ·
Re: Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at Hotel...

Dean Ambrose is a fine name - Dean Moriarty/James Dean combined with Ambrose meaning "undying, immortal".

You can't really hear what Dean is saying in parts, but he holds Foley accountable for a lost generation. Dean would have been 13-14 when Foley was coming off the top of the cell. Dean mentions specifically 14 yr olds so the time frame would work. Is Dean going to put hardcore wrestling "on trial" and use Foley to do it? Holds Foley to blame for a generation of kids thinking unprotected chair shots and jumping off roofs was the way to make it in the wwe?

I believe this is on order ---> :mark:

#285 ·

The bastard stepchild of Raven and Brian Pillman is making his debut soon and it will be epic. Him retiring Foley for good would be a great start.
yessss finally someone else who thinks he is a lot like BRIAN PILLMAN people keep saying piper i don't see anything close to piper it's like an exact replica of pillman which is badass

#23 ·

Dean Ambrose is awesome, just the way he delivers his lines, he believes every word he is saying, which is something most people are missing when they do promos. Maybe he will debut the next time Foley makes an appearance and beat the hell out of him.

#25 ·

Now this guy is legit. He should be the one crowds are chanting for instead of boring nerds.
Really? Really? Really?

First of all, there can be more than one person that the crowds chant for.

Second of all, he hasn't debuted yet, so nobody knows of him yet, nobody outside of the IWC.

#27 ·

I hope they don't chant for him, I hope he makes everybody hate him. He seems like a psycho path and I would love it if he was able to sustain heat rather than being cheered because he is cool.

#43 ·

I hope they don't chant for him, I hope he makes everybody hate him. He seems like a psycho path and I would love it if he was able to sustain heat rather than being cheered because he is cool.
exactly. my biggest problem with the crowd in miami last night. if you think D. Bryan is a good heel then boo him even if u do it with a smile on ur face, give him the heat he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.