Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #1600 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
Fame he got? Countless number of beats on projects + posthumous projects being released at as rapid rate, magazine spreads and people after he died publicly talking about how much of an influence he had on them compared to while he was alive..
I mean, people was giving him props as an influence when he was alive too....Pharrell did it on TV when he was like the biggest producer in the game, ?uestlove, Busta, Pete, etc. He's always gotten props from those who matter.

I honestly have no idea about magazine spreads because I don't even know if I've read a magazine since before Dilla died, that format been dead, ain't nobody reading those shits.

I mean, cats like Ghost or Raekwon or something releasing songs over Dilla beats.....are they really gaining from that? I mean they're getting a dope beat, but fame and name wise? They're bigger than Dilla. If anything, they're helping his fam. and bringing maybe a little bit more long deserved attention to him, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that, other than that certain segment who wants to keep their little "secret" all to themselves.