Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #1593 (permalink)
Smif-N-Wessun
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Nah. Dilla doesn't have 1/50th the bandwagon fanbase of BIG or Pac. I mean, there's no bullshit "glamour" to Dilla's death. He died of Lupus or some shit. Pac and BIG got gunned down in some fucked up situation that assholes who were born AFTER it happened, still love to glamourize. Because of the story, and their fame and position when they died, they've got WAY more of a bandwagon than Dilla.

Only people bandwagoning Dilla are those REALLY into the music aspect, and those wanting to be.

As far as less justified....I'll argue that Dilla had way less of a fanbase that he deserved when he was alive, based on musical skills. He should've been up there with Pete and Primo(both of whom I put above Dilla for the record) and Dre and Quik and Marley and all them.....and he really wasn't put there, except by a certain smaller base of fans. To me, the props that Dilla gets from artists comes off WAY more sincere than the dickriding that Pac and BIG still get, because there's absolutely NOTHING to gain from most of these cats giving props to Dilla because most of them are/were bigger than Dilla in terms of fame and stature.

...... ass Charles Hamilton was the exception, that was a real corny ass move on his part.
I completely forgot about the Charles Hamilton incident. I think the dude is an incredibly talented MC, but gotdamn is he fuckin weird lol

^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.