Wrestling Forum banner

Transexual Couple - Unlikely Couple

15K views 114 replies 43 participants last post by  Andre 
#1 ·

At first glance, everything about this adorable couple looks, well, adorably normal — just a couple of lucky teens in love. But beneath the surface, their relationship is anything but ordinary. Both Katie Hill and her boyfriend, Arin Andrews, are transgender. Eighteen-year-old Katie was known as Luke for the first 15 years of her life, the son of a Marine colonel. And Arin, 16, was born a girl called Emerald who won beauty contests and adored ballet. The pair met at a Tulsa trans support group and say they instantly bonded. Both kids say they always knew they were born in the wrong bodies, and an anonymous donor even paid for Katie’s $40,000 gender reassignment surgery. We’re rooting for you kids.
Source:msnnow

Good for them, I think it's pretty cool. I hope this gets tons of positive exposure in a way that feminine dudes can finally be accepted to change to what they always wanted to be, instead of turning into depressed emo kids.

See less See more
#10 ·
Team WWCTurbo please move to your right
Team Gandhi please move to your left.

Now discuss.

In my opinion I think this isn't negative at all, it opens a lot of doors to people who don't feel confortable with their body.

#15 ·
I love this story - good support networks are essential for people making transitions. Support groups and peer counselling and social activities don't just happen, though. Volunteers are required every step of the way. So, it's a victory for these two AND all the people who helped.

And aren't they just as cute as puppies?

#16 ·
To each his/her own (no pun intended...), they look happy so good for them. The only thing that made me uncomfortable was the fact that when I saw the picture of that girl (?) I though she (?) looked kinda hot. It makes me nervous that its getting harder to tell an attractive girl from a guy with a good snip job.

#24 · (Edited)
She looks like a cute girl because she is a cute girl. It's that simple.
I wouldn't go that far. I'll use 'she' or 'her' to refer to them because it would make them happy but I can't exactly think of them as really being women.

That's because they are broken mentally and their wires are crossed. They need counseling, not a sex change. They weren't born in the wrong body, they just think making the ultimate change will save them from whatever pain they are going through. And almost all of them are unhappy with the results and become worse off than before. Not all, obviously, but most. They need to go talk to a professional and sort out their issues and accept who they are, not irreversibly hack the shit out of their body. The mind is the same, regardless, and therein is where the problem is.
I'm not sure about this, but aren't they required to have counselling sessions if they want a sex change operation? Unless they go to a country with more relaxed laws about such operations or something.

#20 ·
I don't understand the whole "trapped in the wrong body" issues transsexuals have.
I cant imagine many things more frustrating and difficult to have to deal with, and every single day of your life no less.

Good luck to em, my downstairs neighbour has just been through the SRS and remains a lovable, potty mouth, coffee loaning legend regardless of gender.

#23 ·
The status of the genitals is one of the less important things in the conversation, but I'm guessing that Mr. Andrews hasn't had much in the way of surgery because the surgery for trans men is less advanced and less successful than the ones for trans women and because he's still underage. The article said that a private donor paid for Ms. Hill's gender reassignment, but didn't say if she had completed it to her satisfaction.

#28 ·
They probably say the same stuff the normal couples say "Daddy and me (other daddy) really loved each other and so you were born" and etc. After the kid becomes an early teenager I'm pretty sure he/she already realizes the actual situation.

#30 ·
Well how do you like that. Always wondered with some transgender people how their sexuality leans. More fascinated than anything I suppose. I guess in this case they both wanted to be the other gender, but still liked the "opposite" sex once getting the change done. It's interesting to say the least. I have no problems. Whatever makes you happy I say.

#32 ·
Now that's something you don't hear everyday. I'm sure when they um, do it, they will look at their genitalia and realize that they both used to have what the other person has. How weird. But hey, as long as they are happy, that's all that matters.

#43 ·
Good for them, and hopefully the sex change helped them become the person they always felt they were. However, I will say this. I think once someone decides to have a sex change they should inform those whom they date. If you weren't born a woman, then you are not a woman biologically. Science can do all that it wants to make you feel like a woman, but nature made you what you are. There is nothing wrong with change, and I say more power to you. However, keeping the secret of a sex change quiet to your mate who may not be transgender is wrong.

Don't think that your partner, or partners have no right to know either. What's the point of having a sex change if you can't feel comfortable telling people about it? Don't be selfish, and think that if they can't tell it doesn't matter. Most people aren't expecting to date someone who has had a sex change. If they don't accept it, then leave them. There are people out there who will accept it.

#44 ·
Don't think that your partner, or partners have no right to know either. What's the point of having a sex change if you can't feel comfortable telling people about it? Don't be selfish, and think that if they can't tell it doesn't matter. Most people aren't expecting to date someone who has had a sex change. If they don't accept it, then leave them. There are people out there who will accept it.

#45 ·
They can don whatever they want to their bodies, i don't care, but for me it's not normal. I just don't like the propaganda on TV that want to make you believe this is normal. sorry it's not. it's the same thing with the same sex marriage. they say it's not bad since it's just "love". I don't think so. These kind of things have negative effects on the structure of a society.

I'm not hating on anybody, it's just an opinion based on cogitation.

#57 ·
but for me it's not normal. I just don't like the propaganda on TV that want to make you believe this is normal.
"Propaganda",Yeah sure whatever you say.

it's the same thing with the same sex marriage. they say it's not bad since it's just "love". I don't think so. These kind of things have negative effects on the structure of a society.
Care to tell me what those negative effects are?

I'm not hating on anybody, it's just an opinion based on cogitation.
Please explain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.