Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwest Virginia
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
PWG - Steen Wolf
Peter Avalon, Ray Rosas, & Freddy Bravo vs. Famous B, Chris Kadillak, & Candice LeRae - ** 3/4
TJ Perkins vs. Rocky Romero - **
The Fightin Taylor Boys vs. The RockNES Monsters - *** 1/2
Davey Richards vs. Willie Mack - ***
The Dynasty vs. Los Luchas - ***
Chuck Taylor vs. Ricochet - *** 3/4
PWG World Tag Team Titles
The Young Bucks (c) vs. Future Shock - **** 1/2
PWG World Title - Ladder Match
Kevin Steen (c) vs. El Generico - **** 1/2
- Fun little spotfest in the opener, nice debut for those few guys, especially Famous B. Far too many fuck ups in Perkins/Romero. The last half of Taylors/RockNES was fucking nuts. Super fun tag match there.
- Davey/Willie was pretty hit and miss for me. It had its moments (most of which came with Willie on offense) but the majority I was just shrugging at Davey's usual offense. It was just a little bit of a weird pairing, Willie didn't seem to be able to wrestle his style of match. Nice moment for Mack post match.
- Taylor/Ricochet was excellent. 100% fluid and crisp transitions in everything with some amazing counters and sequences. Ricochet doesn't seem to be human and I still don't like Chuck's constant goofyness.
- Holy fuckface at that Tag Title match. I think I've rated it higher than anyone else I've seen but I don't even care. It was Cole & O'Reilly's PWG debut and JESUS did they look like they fit right in. Constant entertainment throughout, even with the Bucks' workover segments since they like to impersonate every famous wrestler out there. Personal favorite was Kevin Nash this time around. But anyway, once they had that superkick(s) spot (which I went ape shit for) it was just amazing from there. Seeing Matt's nose being bloodied and his face turning purple inside that guillotine choke was another huge markout moment. Call me crazy guys, but I think THIS was match of the night.
- So what hasn't been said about the ladder match? It had everything you'd want in a match of its type. Sheer brutality, hatred, big spots, and quite the feel good moment at the end. Believe me, I loved the match, but I think I honestly preferred their encounters from Final Battle 2010 and BOLA 2011. Why, you ask? Well I believe it was the storytelling those two matches had. Final Battle was symbolism at its absolute finest and BOLA was so amazing having things revolve around the kid in the crowd. This time around it was just about the killing the other person, and it was still awesome. Steen's top rope brainbuster was sick as fuck and so much of Chuck Taylor's commentary explained exactly how I felt watching this. And then we get Super Dragon's return? Fuck me, what an amazing show. "I knew we'd tear the roof off"