Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Book thread.

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #1026 (permalink)
McQueen
Hunter of Invisible Game

Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
McQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on rep
Default Re: The Book thread.

Go read one of the books before Tom Cruise becomes your mental picture of 6'5 250lb pure american badass Jack Reacher.

The Enemy which is the 8th book but technically the first chronologically is excellent as is Killing Floor which was the first Reacher book written and has a fairly major WTF plot twist that is important in some of the later books (Without Fail in Particular) but most of the stuff is one shot stories that don't really effect the other books save a few exceptions like Tripwire & Running Scared/The Visitor (UK Title) taking place one after another and 3 of the 4 last books (61 Hours/Worth Dying For/A Wanted Man) all taking place right after another.

I'd recommend
The Enemy, Killing Floor, Echo Burning (I really liked this book even if it is a little less actiony than the others, its the most plausible I guess), Persuader or One Shot (which the Jack Reacher movie is based on) for a first time reader.

Stay away from Die Trying or Nothing to Lose since those are the two "weakest" Reacher books.