Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Raven appreciation thread

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Issues_Sunshyne
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Issues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missed
Default Re: Raven appreciation thread

I remember first getting WCW/NWO Revenge when it came out, back then we didn't have Sky Television so the only wrestling I got was months old WWF PPVs on video and had no clue about ECW nor what was going on in WCW. After a few days of going Hogan, Diesel, Razor Ramon and being amazed by the Luchas (bare in mind, I honestly only knew the old WWF guys,) I decided to go Raven one day and something about that DDT made him instantly one of my favourite wrestlers without even seeing him ever wrestle or speak. (I had of course, but didn't know he was Johnny Polo.)

I followed him after that through old ECW and WCW.

I even enjoyed his WWF run but it was watered down completely. Raven was a big deal in ECW and WCW, Im sure if he hadn't been watered down he could have really been something interesting during the invasion. I remember the Debut of the What promo from Stone Cold just wanting Raven to branch off and DDT Austin. That was never the character.

Great gimmick, decent wrestler. Even in TNA he had a good run.
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote