Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Book thread.

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #1024 (permalink)
Asenath
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick

Asenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Recommendations for novels to read...

I am hooked on a series where the premise is "What if the Napoleonic War had dragons in it?" The premise of the Temeraire novels is that a sea captain (like from Master and Commander, or the other Golden Age of Sail epics) captures a French ship carrying a priceless Chinese dragon egg. So, he has to leave the Navy to be the captain of a dragon - and that is a major social step down.

It's like a mix of Jane Austen, swashbuckler stories, and historical battle fiction. With dragons in. It's pretty awesome.

There are 5 so far. The writing of 6 got held up because the author had a lovely baby girl instead of a novel. She named the baby Evidence - but I'm trying not to judge.

Last edited by Asenath : 11-14-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: I typo'd while I was on my phone.
Asenath is offline   Reply With Quote