Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Book thread.

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #1023 (permalink)
McQueen
Violent Survivor

Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
McQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on rep
Default Re: Recommendations for novels to read...

There is a book thread you know. I generally like spy/mystery/thriller kinda stuff personally so if thats not your thing, sorry.
That being said my 3 favorite series are

Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels (17 of them)- Hes a former Military Policeman turned drifter and he just goes around helping people and kicking ass in the process. Movie is goming out in like 3 weeks of the ninth novel One Shot but Tom Cruise is playing Reacher which has me skeptical. These are hella easy to find these days, a few years ago seemed like not a lot of people knew about this series but it kinda blew up 6-7 years ago.

Barry Eisler's John Rain/Ben Treven novels (6 Rain/2 Treven/1 Both). John Rain is a Half Japanese assassin who kills people and make it look like natural causes. Treven is a black ops commando. Their paths crossed in his latest book and I marked out. Also Rain's sniper buddy Dox might be the greatest character ever created.

and finally, and these can be hard to find

Greg Rucka's Atticus Kodiak novels (7 now, might be done with the character) - Kodiak is basically a military trained high level bodyguard who eventually get tangled up in some serious shit with elite assassins and the like. Rucka is an excellent writer (writes a lot of comic stuff) and Kodiak comes off as a really likeable guy. Although the last couple books in the series are really dark.

yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Shepard. Do you think Cody and BigCal are secretly soulmates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
^i think cal can do better
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote