Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Windows 8 - Your thoughts?

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noel
Lucy Snorebush

Noel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friendsNoel needs to make some friends
Default Re: Windows 8 - Your thoughts?

I too work in IT Support and have been using Windows 8 corporately for the past 2 months. It took me a long time to get to grips with everything and get it to how I want it but ultimately that's the same with any operating system as an advanced user. I can imagine it works much better on a tablet but Metro is good, especially if you're a keyboard shortcut nerd like myself it makes life extremely easy.

The only hitches I have found is compatibility with older servers, namely Exchange 2010 from Windows 8 does not work well. Things like retention policies etc are simply not picked up. I've also had to sort some batch files for a couple of essential tools like Exchange management and SCCM, due to the fact that there's no client for Windows 8 yet I had to get (and presumably to force business to upgrade to Exchange 2013 and SCCM 2012).

All in all it's a very good OS, I don't see it overtaking Windows 7 in the business environment but I can see it creeping up there for home use.