Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #2720 (permalink)
Nige™
Team GB

Nige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselves
Default re: Tennis Discussion Thread

This is the first year where I'm looking forward to seeing some real progression from our female players. Robson played so well at the US Open and had some other decent runs to show she's not just a flash in the pan. She beat some cracking players back-to-back too in Clijsters & Li Na. Watson went on to win a WTA event too and this is the year for Watson in particular to progress.

The men's game will be exciting for sure. I think we've seen Tsonga, Berdych & Ferrer peak. I really don't see them getting any better. The questions really concern how Federer copes in his advancing years, if Del Potro can break the top four and if Nadal can come back to anything close to the level he was at. Personally I don't think he can and Del Potro could take his place in the top four by the end of the year.

Slam Predictions
Australian - Djokovic/Murray
French - Djokovic/Federer
Wimbledon - Murray/Djokovic
US - Djokovic/Murray

I've based those on the seedings with Djokovic meeting the 4th seed, likely Nadal in the semi finals and Federer clashing with Murray.