Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #2718 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM
the joy~! of seabsmas
XMAS JOY~

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

re: Tennis Discussion Thread

Not even going to bother with predictions for next season. So many factors that make it impossible to call anything. Only thing I'd be confident in calling is Djokovic staying at #1 for the majority of 2013 and Serena winning nearly everything as long as she stays mentally and physically fit.

Mens Game should be really interesting next season. Isn't the usual predictability factor going into it. Federer's showing more glimpses of being mortal, Nadal's return after a long injury lay off will be interesting. Any normal player in Nadal's situation would have to come back and change their game up so they play shorter points which kinda takes Nadal's edge away. Nadal aint normal though. Don't think he'll have quite the same edge as he did in yester years though but he should still be a top contender for the Slams. French is basically his along as he's fit. I'd love Ferrer to sneak it though. Murray's another who's at an interesting crossroads point. Olympics/US Open Murray will definitely win one of the Slams and probably finish top 2 with Novak. Consistency is the issue though and how resilient he can be against the top players when he's behind. If it's more of Murray from last week then it'll be back to the same old. Del Potro I think has a great chance of breaking into that top 4. Definitely the best shot of the rest. Ferrer doesn't have the weapons to be a top 4 guys. Tsonga has so much work to do and Berdych doesn't strike me as a guy who can get up there at that level for any more than the odd upset like at the US Open. Del Potro's definitely good enough though and he's got the weapons to beat the best and not just hang with them. Great chance for him to knock Nadal or Federer out of that top 4. Or even Murray if he slacks off. Ok, I've been suckered it.

Aus - Murray
French - Nadal
Wimbledon - Djokovic
US - Djokovic

and Del Potro making the Final of one of the Hard Court Slams.

Excited to see where Robson goes in 2013 too. Need more GIORGI too. Hopefully Serena and Azarenka boss the Womens game. The Womens game needs a top rivalry between two great players.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome