Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Windows 8 - Your thoughts?

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
defdave
Learning to break kayfabe

defdave 101 - 250defdave 101 - 250
Default Windows 8 - Your thoughts?

So I work as a tech support rep for a major computer company and now that Windows 8 has been officially released on all of our new notebooks, I'm troubleshooting a lot of issues with this new operating system and was just curious to see how others felt about it.

Have you installed it on your current computer? Have you recently purchased a new computer with Win8 preinstalled? How does it feel to you? Do you like the new "metro" start screen? Do the pros outweigh the cons in your opinion?

Myself personally, I have seriously mixed feeling about it. On one hand, I love some of the new features such as the faster boot time, the memory and cpu optimization, the refresh option, and the ability to easily combine several physical drives into one logical. But then on the other hand, it feels slightly awkward to me because of things that have been moved (or removed). The absence of a start menu button still throws me. The buried shutdown button is annoying. The "metro" app start screen really doesn't do much for me on non-touch devices.

What are your feelings on Windows 8?
defdave is offline   Reply With Quote