Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #2716 (permalink)
NJ88
Follower of Lockeism

NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500NJ88 8001 - 8500
Default re: Tennis Discussion Thread

What a great tournament to end the year with an incredible final. Just gonna take a minute to quicklyy review a couple of players years and predict what happens next year.

Djokovic absolutely deserved the win with the year he's had. It obviously hasn't been as spectacular as last year but it couldn't have been. He's one one slam, got to the finals of two more and the semis of the other won as well as winning the year end title. Definately thhe true number one. I think he'll obviously be at the top of the game next year, he's certainly win at least one more slam and I think the Murray/Djokovic rivalry will continue at the top of the game.

Federer has had an absolutely incredible year. I honestly didn't think he'd make it back to number one, and I wasn't entirely sure he would win another slam, but he did both this year. He proved he's not going anywhere and is still every bit as good as the guys at the top. I don't think his year next year will be AS good, I think he's still going to remain at the very top of the game but will probably drop downn to number three or four (depending on how Nadal plays) I could still see him winning a slam (likely one being Wimbledon again) and he's going to have another great year.

Andy Murray has obviously had the best year of his career, and it's been an impressive one. He played an incredible semi final with Djokovic to start the year which gave a preview of what he would do. He made his very first Wimbledon final which was fantastic, had a heartbreaking loss then came back to dominate the Olympic final and win the gold, he then went on to win his very first grand slam at the US Open. I think from here, Murray goes from strength to strength, I think under Lendel he's still improving and learning hhow to thoroughlyy play his new game. I think next year he'll win another slam (possibly the Australian Open or Wimbledon) and he'll move into number two as his rivalry with Djokovic progresses through the year.

Nadals year is hard to judge. He had a great year up until Wimbledon obviously with his shock loss. He made the final of the Australian Open and lost an incredible match to Djokovic, had a great clay court season and went on to win the French Open (again) who knows how the rest of his year would have been but it is what it is. There are question marks over how he'll play once he gets back. I don't see how he can be as good as he was, or as good as the top three as soon as he gets back. So I think the first part of his year will be a little underwhelming, however possibly by the French Open or Wimbledon he may be returning to his best and will have a great second half of the year. However I will predict that he won't win a slam this year...

Del Potro. He's not one of the top three or four but I do think next year he'll make that step and join the top four making it the top five. He's had a fantastic year and is finally getting back to his best. He had a great Olympics winning the bronze and beating Federer in Basel, making the world tour semi finals too. He's shown he can go with the best of them at a top level, he just needs to be a little more consistant and he'll be there. I don't think he'll win a slam, but I do think he'll make a slam final next year and win one or two masters titles too.

Next year could be very, very interesting though with the consistant brilliance of Novak Djokovic, Rodger Federer continuing to play well, Andy Murray improving and making the step to prove he belongs at the top, Nadal making his return and Del Potro hopefully continuing to get better and gradually becoming as good as the top four. I can't wait, roll on the Australian Open!