Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #255 (permalink)
Kabraxal
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority

Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500Kabraxal 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

I think if it had been just the promo it would have been fine... but tack on the bullshit recap with apparently real footage of the event and it colours the whole thing in a negative light. I can honestly say that I was more pissed off at the seemingly creepy ass nature of apparently not only shooting the footage when King might not be resuscitated, but then going in and making a wrestling vignette recap out.... that soured my whole mood to it and just really came off as "fuck you" manipulative.

So by the time Punk came out to further twist the events to manipulate the audience, it fell horribly flat and probably did more to alienate the crowd than really make them hate him or really like anyone else involved. It all came off as cheap and lazily manipulative. In a world where kayfabe isn't looked at as real anymore... this kind of shit only serves to take you out of the moment and go ... "really........?". So poor taste or not.. it was just a stupid segment altogether.