Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #3446 (permalink)
Coolquip
THE TRUTH

Coolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodNightmare View Post
Alright so i'm thinking of writing full promos instead of recapped ones starting with the first show after my first PPV and I was wondering if anybody had any tips/advice for someone who's not exactly the best promo writer in the world? Also for some people who really have no certain gimmick what are some tips to making promos sound good for them?
Watch and take notes. Mannerisms are a must as well. Sometimes mannerisms are easier to write than good promo cutters. Give me 2009 Orton over 2000 Rock any day. Pay attention to what some guys repeatedly do, sort of like a match sequence. Using the Orton example again, he repeats certain things when the crowd begins to interupt him with chants. He'll start to talk and then stop when the crowd begins to chant (eg. You suck) then he will continue.
Coolquip is offline   Reply With Quote