Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

View Single Post

Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #192 (permalink)
Twisted14
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Twisted14 needs to take rep more seriousTwisted14 needs to take rep more seriousTwisted14 needs to take rep more seriousTwisted14 needs to take rep more seriousTwisted14 needs to take rep more seriousTwisted14 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

I thought it was a good segment. Heels are supposed to be jerks, and these guys were total dicks there. Heyman faking the heart attack had me laughing a little but saying 'this is really really bad' at the same time. They're mockery of Lawler was evil. I liked it.

Had Jerry died or had such a serious heart attack that he never returned, I highly doubt they ever would have brought it up, maybe as a reference, but nothing like this. If you notice the week before he had the heart attack Punk beat him in that cage match. The next week, Punk didn't even mention Lawler's name or what happened. They could very easily have done it and TBH I was expecting it, but they didn't. They only did it now. Now that he is back and somewhat healthy, and I would say, after he had approved it.

Plus this is wrestling we're talking about. I highly doubt Lawler would have had a problem with this at all. Wrestlers tend to be pretty light hearted about these things.

Lawler used to make fun of Jake Roberts' alcoholism. It's not quite as serious as a heart attack but still not something to make fun of. He did it because he was a heel, he was probably good friends with Roberts. Same as I believe that Punk and Lawler and Foley and Cena all get along.

Last edited by Twisted14 : 11-12-2012 at 11:41 PM.